How can I find out who funds a PAC?

With all the campaign finance laws out there, I’m sure there must be a way to find out who is behind all the the PACS who are running ads.

The one I’m interested in is Barpac This is a group who I just found out about today. I’m wondering if they are a front group funded by big tobacco companies.

Why do you think that big tobacco is behind that PAC? In pretty much every city that has toyed with the idea of a smoking ban in bars, bar owners have gotten together to try and fight the measure. Smoking and drinking go together, and bar owners don’t want to lose a piece of their market. Tobacco companies have done lots of bad things, but this isn’t their doing.

Here’s a good place to start.

I did a quickie search on the filings database but couldn’t find them. Maybe you’ll have better luck.

And here’s a bit more.

Looks like it’s $62,000 over the last two years or so.

I think big tobacco has a dog in this fight. Large cities have banned smoking and their bars are still open. The Kentucky border is an hour and half away. When I see an advertisment by “Barpac,” I get suspicious. Big tobacco doesn’t want a ban in the heartland of Ohio.