How come National Taco Day isn't on a Tuesday?

Sunday, October 4th is National Taco Day. I’m not sure it’s by an act of Congress or just a creation of Mexican food restaurants.

Anyway, why isn’t it on a Tuesday? Everybody knows about Taco Tuesday, and many restaurants already have taco specials on Tuesday. So why is it on a Sunday? It should be the first Tuesday in October or something like that.

I’m gonna celebrate early. I got me a pound and a half of pork shoulder and a bunch of tomatillos and green chiles.

Tomorrow night, baby. Oh, yeah.

Some Bay Area Dopers might remember Tuesday as “Red’s Tamales Day”.

It isn’t on a Tuesday because that’s already Taco Tuesday. This is a bonus taco day.

Does that mean that if it were on Thursday it would be THAC0 Thursday?

Almost everybody. Never heard of it, myself.

Which rock in the quarry do you live under? :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe it’s October 4 every year?

I tried searching, but all results were about 2015, and not previous years.

I did not know that. As though i needed another reason to eat tacos… Oh well, I’ll probably have tacos before Sunday, but I’ll make sure to have them Sunday, as well.

Mmmm, bonus tacos…

“Why can’t every day be taco day?”, she asked, embarrassing herself and insuring she’d never amount to anything over the remainder of her pitifully short life.

Well, apparently, not everything is AWESOME for some people. Maybe because they’re not part of the team. And not living our dream.

Well, October 4 is also Buster Keaton’s birthday, so it makes a lot of sense, if you think about it.

From what I have been able to find online, it is October 4 every year…which means 10/4/2016 will be National Taco Tuesday.

No idea who created it, or decided that it should be October 4.

October 4th is also National Vodka Day!