How come no active Forum Boards in Canada?

Whats happening in Canada? There is no active forum boards. Here even Reddit has few posters

What? I’ve been a long-term member of a Canadian board, almost a decade, and as of this morning it was still active.

Also, /r/Canada is one of the largest nation-based subreddits on the whole site. It’s toxic, but it’s active.

There are a few Canada centric threads here and entire subreddits easily searched. What kind of info are you looking for?

Also, Welcome to The Dope!

PS- Also Canadian.

Thanks for the welcome

I am looking for an active general discussion/fans forum board. Im tired of reddit, facebook etc

Welcome to the Straight Dope, Torontonian. Over in the Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share forum (MPSIMS), there’s long-running thread called “Canadope 2015” that’s been bopping along since last December. That might be what you’re looking for. I haven’t posted in it, since, well, I’m not Canadian, but it seems to be focussed on affairs in the Great White North.

You have internet in Canada?

polar bears bring it to us, we never ask for it eh

You’ve never heard of the Boards of Canada?

I have

Stephen Harper banned Canadian forums as a hotbed of terrorism because “in cyberspace, no one knows you’re wearing a niqab”. Now that he’s gone, there’s a move to start one up again, but while no one cares if you’re wearing a niqab, you have to put a period at the end of your sentences.:wink:

The city-data Canada forums seem pretty active: Canada Forum - Relocation, Moving, General and Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum

There are also general forums: City-Data.com Forum: Relocation, Moving, General and Local City Discussions

I’m not on there much, mostly for info about specific places. Hope that helps. And welcome aboard!