How do ghosts follow people home?

Fucking Ghost Magnets.

Ghosts can only haunt places that are in psychic range of their clothing, or they would be naked.
Clothes being relatively week minded will have limited psychic range but a smartly dressed ghost can roam as far as the more fashionable neighborhoods.

They have to be trained by other ghosts. Didn’t you watch the movie? Patrick was really at his best in that.

I don’t feel that I’ve ever really gotten a straight answer regarding whether there could be an actual inhabitable fourth spatial dimension. But if there is, and ghosts can move through it, then all bets should be off regarding any physical limitations of our three dimensional space.

They catch the Knight Bus.

Of course, if there are connections, it gets more difficult. After recent cut backs, many forms of public transportation just won’t accept transfers…

The way I heard it, they perch on your shoulder and you carry them home.

Ectolocation.

In London, they’ll be fine as long as they have a Gozer Card.

Was that joke too UK-centric?

Just don’t feed them for Christ’s sake. They they’ll never stop following you.

Undead move at the speed of irony.

For who’s sake shall we feed them, then?

for pities sake, of course.

If you do feed them - don’t feed them after midnight - and don’t let them get wet.

Not me. He didn’t collect 60,000 weird newspaper articles because he wanted a laugh. His position boiled down to “scientists don’t know everything, so we can assume they know nothing.” And he wrote like a square wheel. He was the birther of his day.

The last room your Doom Buggie travels through contains two-way mirrors on the walls. On the other side of these mirrors is another track, running at the same speed the guests are. On this second track are animatronic torsos, matching the earlier hitchhiking ghosts. When they’re lit up, you see your own reflection and the ghost figure (from behind the glass) appearing to sit on the same bench seat you are.

Although the Ghost Host proclaims they “follow you home,” they really just loop back around for another group of guests, while you exit up the travelator.

You know, for the rest of the day I’m going to think that there are luxury double-decker buses doing circuits around the UK with waitresses serving the patrons oysters on the half-shell.

“Today, we have a lovely selection of Wellfleets, Chesapeake Bays, Sydney Rockoysters, as well as seasonal summer oysters. You can have them with your choice of spiced shredded seaweed, traditional hot sauce,
or the Bus Driver’s Own beet, garlic and whitepepper compote. And, the first 6 are included in your ticket price…!”

In Chinese culture, an entire month is set aside for just that purpose, actually.

We all need a hobby.

I dunno. I’m not going to drag my way through that book (again) for cites, but I caught a lot more of “said with a twinkle in his eye” than I got from Jacques Vallée, Frank Edwards, or any of the more recent crop.

You’ve solved it!

The ghosts follow you home to eat you. You can stop them from following you home by eating a big cherry, then turning around and eating them.

Wakka wakka wakka

──▒▒▒▒▒────▄████▄─────
─▒─▄▒─▄▒──███▄█▀──────
─▒▒▒▒▒▒▒─▐████──█──█──
─▒▒▒▒▒▒▒──█████▄──────
─▒─▒─▒─▒───▀████▀─────
thanks to my source

Not magnets. They’re stuck to you with spirit gum.

In their Chevy Maliboos.