How do I enter cheat codes on PC games?

If the cheat codes don’t work, you can also try a trainer*. Look on this page and download the right one for your version. (If you have a different version, just try Googling for a trainer made for it).

• In case you’re not familiar with them, a trainer is a third-party program that interacts with the game directly and cheats for you, giving you unlimited ammo or whatever. They’re unofficial and you have to make sure you find one for the exact version of the game you’re using or it won’t work.

I would probably need a trainer for the trainer.

Are you sure you used the correct cheat code? Try these. Check the end of the intro paragraph - for anything with a <#> included, it looks like you have to replace the # (or maybe the whole <#> if that doesn’t work) with 1 to turn the cheat on, 0 to turn it off.

Actually, that is the exact source I used. I typed:
cheat_infinite_ammo <1>
Maybe I’ll try it without the <>.
Yeah, baby–I’m ridin’ the short bus to computer school!

Actually, that didn’t work either. :frowning:

Too bad it’s actually called a “tilde” :smiley:

They aren’t too difficult. You download the file and unzip the contents. Start the trainer, look at the keys listed on it (like it’ll say F1 – Unlimited Ammo). Start the game and push the key… and that’s it.

The only trick is to make sure you have the right trainer version for your game. Like if it’s the original US retail version, look for a trainer for version 1.00. Or if you updated it with a patch, look for an updated trainer too.

Much obliged. I seem to be doing okay without it, for now, but we’ll see how things evolve.

For some reason I had it in my head to pronounce it with an “uh” or “ah” at the end :dubious:

Its now my word for today again TILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDE.

TILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDE!

Well, it is pronounced with a “schwa” at the end, so I guess you can keep going. Heck, I’ll join you:

TILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDE!

I agree. Unfortunately, some games are virtually impossible to beat for real, in which case using cheats is preferable to putting the game on eBay.

Hmm, I wonder what else I can do while I’m in here? :starts pulling levers:

Hey, as long as you’re not playing multiplayer and ruining someone else’s fun, play the game however you like. There’s no reason not to cheat in a single-player game if it makes the game more fun for you.

That was super easy. I found a trainer and got it running. I only give myself infinite ammo, though, and not any of the other cheats–I don’t want to be a total wuss. Now I can greet the enemy with a glad heart and unlimited amounts of hot lead. Thanks for the help!

Glad it works :slight_smile:

Heh heh. Now you’ve started down the path to the dark side. The rest of your life, you’ll be fighting the temptation to cheat just a little more… a little more health… God mode for just one level… just a few million more gold… it’ll never end :smiley:

Nah…I can quit anytime. :wink: