How do I put a keyboard key back on?

If you can order spare key, do so. Installing keys onto HP notebook keyboards is very easy. No need for a service call, it’ll take you twenty seconds if you have an unbroken key.

I went out to several sites to order a replacement key but I can’t find one that looks like my key. This is frustrating!

My last laptop was missing the 6 key. I had the key but the process of hooking up the little spring thingee was beyond me, way beyond me. Take it to a repair shop and get it fixed. I’m betting it’s beyond a mortal to reattach one of those.

I reattached one on my brother’s laptop.

Does that make me a God? :smiley:

Check on eBay.

My dog stepped on my keyboard and the scroll lock key was broken off. It turns out that that is one of only 2 keys which I have never needed or used. Trying to remove one on purpose might break it, though.

I took my laptop to work today to work on a paper during my lunch hour. One of the computer guys came in the office for something else and noticed my missing key. He offered to take it back to his office to look at it and had it fixed in about 8 minutes! :smiley: Don’t know why it never occurred to me to ask him!

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr See?? Good as new! rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr