How do 'they' get the writing in the middle of hard candy?

Hi All,

Does anyone know the manufacturing process for making candy with writing or symbols etc on the inside? The product I have in mind is shaped like a stick and at first guess, is somehow extruded.

A google search turned up a glass making process called Millefiori. I have not had much luck finding details about this either.

many thanks,


I hope this link might help. It’s about British seaside rock, but I think we’re talking about the same thing. :slight_smile:

They make a very thick version of the candy and then roll it thin before it sets. The technique is used in what is known as rock in Britain, which is sold at holiday resorts. The name of the resort is written into the candy.