How do we fight illuminati like this?

I would presume that they would at the very least support legalized pot.

Ah dear boy, truth is in the eye of the beholder, and reality is just a commodity. One man’s lie is another man’s means to advertising revenue.

Would it make them richer? No

Would it mean fewer poor people being disenfranchised from their vote [from being incarcerated]? Yes

Result: criminalize the hell out of it.

God, is this what it’s like to be a modern-day libertarian? You can’t read the New Yorker? What if I happen to like their movie reviews?

They’re all lies to encourage you to watch movies produced by Liberal Hollywood elitists, which I believe is still controlled by the Jews.

Bullshit. You got a cite for that, or are you making things up?

They are big supporters of the Libertarian Party, which is pro-legalization, pro-immigration, anti-corporate welfare, anti-war, etc.

I quite agree. However this only goes to the effects of the problem, and not the problem itself, which is bad-thinking. Forcibly stopping people from communicating their thoughts to the gullible and innocent — citizens easily led astray by racist or nazi or sexist or anti-modernist propaganda against their true better natures — still leaves this faction with bad thoughts which, even if they tell no-one, poisons and endangers the nature of society.

The only answers are Education, firm rigorous education in permitted thought from two years and up, and continuous re-education throughout life to prevent lapses; and the utmost vigilance in rooting out evidence of illiberal thinking. Citizens should be regularly interrogated to confess any doubts or disagreements they might have with state ideology, and punished if any thinking fails to conform. Children should be enrolled to watch their relatives and denounce any failings. Garbage must be rifled through. Watchful cameras installed in every room. Censors should have the power to visit any time of the day or night to force people to justify their thoughts.

These are strong measures, but only thus can we be free.

We are not of the Left. We are not of the Right. We are in the Light of Above.

Whoa, billionaires are spending a bunch of money promoting libertarian political ideology? How surprising!

I finally decided to look up the pronunciation of ‘tu quoque’. I never used it in my so-called ‘debates’ with friends or husband because I didn’t know how to say it. This thread got itchin’ to use it on their asses again and I decided to finally look it up. Too-quoh-quee. I would have never thought that was the way to say it.

But yeah. All my illuminati peeps, throw your rings up.

I’m not the OP but I first learned about Soros and his efforts to fund democratic movements inside the former Soviet world.

But looking at current differences, Soros is aware of the problems coming thanks to climate change and willing to use his money on the effort.

The Koches have been in the radar of climate researchers and bloggers for being… well tools for their own well being, the well being of the world is not their worry.

http://climateprogress.org/2010/08/19/david-koch-proposition-23ab-32/

If they are on TV or other position of influence? Yes.

They are entitled to profess even as stupid an ideology as Libertarianism. But when they claim they are not Libertarians, it is different. They claim to be main line type businessmen. Only interested in the welfare of the country. It is BS. They use names for the funding organizations that sound so harmless. They should stand up and admit what they are ,instead of hiding under bland names for shadow Libertarian organizations.

Ready? Go slow now …

Soros wants what’s good for America and is using his money to help people.
The Kochs don’t give a shit about America and hate people (or at least people unlike them.)

Simple enough for you? Good … evil. See the difference?

Must be lesser known Libertarians because guys like Rand Paul are not really following most of the items you mentioned.

I’m not sure what is the situation now that Rand won the Republican primary in Kentucky, Does the Libertarian party and Koch continue to avoid giving open support to Rand or do libertarians there are showing more support for him?

I love the New Yorker. We’ll at least some parts of it.

The fiction is perfect airport reading, the cartoons and the cartoon contest at the end are without peer anywhere, and I like James Suriowecki’s (sp?) columns.

The movie reviews are also snappy and fun to read. I agree.

Hendrik Hertzberg’s columns make Paul Krugman look like a balanced moderate, however. And when they want to get on a political soapbox via a longer article (like the one being discussed in this thread) its a slam-dunk as to what part of the political spectrum it will eminate from.

And I just ended a sentence in a preposition. Which they would never do.

Please cite controlling legal authority in the United States for that position.

Hint: You can’t. It doesn’t exist, because it would be a blatant violation of the First Amendment.

Yet the FCC can silence or at least fine someone for saying “fuck” on air.

Well, I’m sure the Kochs believe the policies they advocate would benefit America. And Soros’s enemies say that the groups and policies he funds are hurting the US. So I don’t see that there’s that much of a difference in what they’re doing.

I thought it was weird back in 2008 when Democratic party liberals started to call themselves progressives, a label not in common parlance AFAIK since the end of prohibition. What will they use when they’re inevitably shamed out of the progressive label by the mean old right? Maybe Whigs?