How do you deal with a job you absolutely hate?

Petty theft and vandalism.

:smiley:

Actually, dude, you have an unique opportunity to set up a “double life”. Find yerself a hottie in each city to crash with/mooch off of. Get them to buy things for you while you bang thier sisters and friends. Man, with a hotel as an address, think of the possibilities for mischief!

Eccentuate the positive, I say!

Well, yeah that is a plus. I don’t usually stay over on weekends but when I do…well…imagine what you can do with an expense account, rental car, and hotel in a city where no one knows you and you have no one else from work judging you. (I won’t get into my six week project in Amsterdam.)

How do you deal with a job you ABSOLUTELY HATE?

Quit. Life is way too short for bullshit. If this job is tearing you up like that, you need to get out. FInd something else before you do something stupid that could follow you around.

Ah! Thats the spirit! Life ain’t all bad, now is it?

Question for ya- Have you ever wanted to see just how far a rental car can go offroad when driven like a rally car? :wink: (Hint- it usually only limited to how long the rims hold up)

You don’t say? And the name of the place is??? :wink:

I’m with Ranchoth. I mostly just stew in it and let it eat me alive. Looking for new work is harder than hating my current work.

And work, like life in general, is not as bad when you think of how it could be worse. My last boss was a much bigger asshole than my current. And I have know people who worked in a chicken slaughterhouse. I think of their descriptions, and my air-conditioned office feels happier already.

You have descibed my life.

It’s kind of the cruel irony of consulting. I’ve worked “industry” jobs (consulting speak for jobs not in consulting) before. They don’t have the pressures and travel of consulting but they also don’t have the interesting travel or people.

I guess I have been lucky that most of my projects have been in major cities - Amsterdam, Chicago, New York, Philly, Seattle. We have people working in places like Detroit or in distribution centers in the middle of nowhere. There was a saying printed in a training manual at my last firm - “you just graduated with your MBA, landed that great job in a great city…and you find yourself working in the smallest towns in the country…”

Don’t get me wrong. I do enjoy the perks of my job…I just hate the actual work I do when I get to where I’m going.

So just stop doing it. See how long it take for them to notice. Ride the planes, drive the cars, bang the waitresses, flop in the crash pads and run up the expenses. See just how long it takes for them to pull the Lumberg, “Ahhhhh, we need to …uh…have a ‘dialog’…”.

Listen to me. You’ll go far. :wink: