How do you eat your turkey sandwiches the day after thanksgiving

I forgot the bright green peas. A diner-style hot turkey sandwich has to have a side of bright green peas! :o

No matter how large our bird, after all the (especially older) relatives get their take-home packages, we have very little left for ourselves. What we do have, I traditionally use to make Turkey Divan.

White bread, mayo, turkey.

Raisin bread, cranberry sauce, Best Foods (i.e. Hellman’s) mayo, lettuce. And turkey, of course.

While there’s still enough for slicing, on toasted wheat bread with mayo. Nothing extra added.

Once it gets down to scraps, chop it up with some celery and onion and add mayo to make turkey salad.

Two slices of wheat bread, turkey, brown mustard, and colby-jack-- that’s how I do mine!

I had what I thought was a unique idea last night. My sister unloaded just a shit-ton of turkey on me and I could only take so much turkey-gravy-stuffing bowls. So I took the rest of my turkey and chopped it down to smaller, brownable bits, and charred them up with a little extra seasoning and made turkey burritos. They were much better than the sadness bowls.

One year my Mum bought a turkey that was much too big.

So (to answer your question) on Boxing Day we had turkey sandwiches of white bread, butter and cranberry sauce.

From then until New Year’s Day we had one turkey meal a day: :eek:

• turkey soup
  • turkey casserole
  • turkey with chips (= french fries)
  • turkey salad

The day after? Without bread - just microwave sliced turkey breast, leftover mashed potatoes & green beans, and brown gravy. What’s still left over goes into an open-faced sandwich on whole grain bread, spinach, and more brown gravy (or, if I’m out, Swiss cheese).

I love dill rolls and always make them at Thanksgiving. The next morning, sliced and lightly toasted with some turkey, they’re perfect. I’ll grease them up with something–butter, gravy, mayo–but don’t really care what it is. I may add some spicy mustard (Lusty Monk mustard is made here in town and is amazing), or I may add some cranberry sauce, but they’re not necessary. No other veggies, please.

I was in Barcelona for the holiday, but I bought a nice 3-lb boneless turkey breast to roast tonight. For tomorrow, I’m thinking Hot Brown.

My usual go-to is cold turkey on rye or white, with mayo, sliced tomato, salt & pepper. Cheese doesn’t compliment turkey, IMHO.