How do you know when a Republican is lying? (RO)

Here. They both lie. Fairly frequently.

Your cite lists two distorting ads by the Obama campaign, and a series of distortions about Palin from multiple sources but NOT from the Obama campaign. And eight lying ads or direct statements by McCain/Palin. That gives them a comfortable 4/1 lead in lie ratios.

You mean this part?

the evil bastard!! Having them use information they already get. No wonder you don’t trust him.

I DON’T trust anyone who thinks government agencies maintaining and expanding databases on citizens is a good idea. When a Bush agency tries to do that kind of thing, the left howls bloody murder, but it’s A-OK when their guy proposes it. DHS looking at library records is an infringement on liberty sure to doom us all to fascism but the IRS collecting and storing information on our personal finances is the next step on the road to freedom? Please.

Shame on you, writing a post like this.

It’s traitors. :smiley:

So you think the best thing to do is vote for the party of warrantless wiretaps and unfettered snooping?

Wow could you give me an example of how to cite something properly? I just want to learn…

OMIGOD the IRS knows how much I make. Alert the Media! Oh, the humanity!

BTW, do you really think fairness requires taking 20% both from Bill Gates and a hard working janitor making minimum wage and barely scraping by?

I’m still waiting on where the budget can get cut realistically. Maybe it is McCains eliminating the earmarks tp pay for a 10 X tax cut - I mean before he put the earmark lover on the ticket.

Maybe we should call Republicans economic creationists. They can look right at the fossils / economic results and they don’t register it. No matter what the evidence is, their faith is strong.

How else are they going to detect the malware? :rolleyes:

How do we know for certain that he “frequently” looked at the machine? How do we know that it wasn’t screwing up intermittently? How can we verify his claims? Is anyone else stepping up in agreement with this guy? He says there wasn’t an “serious” malfinction, but it could easily be an intermittent issue that would throw Mrs. Palin off a bit…timing is everything you know. I don’t think she lied at all.

Yes, because at least they won’t GROW GOVERNMENT!!!11!!one!!1

Whah? The IRS stores information on my personal finances? Holy crap!

Oh, and the McCain thing about the Blackberry… he didn’t invent the Blackberry, he invented telecommunications… we should give him due credit.

I’m against it on principle. Someone asked for a list. I gave one. OK, that one doesn’t bother you. shrug

Above a certain point, say maybe 200% of the poverty level? Absolutely. And I did the numbers too, for myself. Such a tax would cost me at least 10K more in taxes each year than I pay now, and I still think it’s the only right and fair way to tax.

Cuts? Seems pretty simple to me. Start will most or all of the Depts of Education, HHS, HUD, Indian Bureau (whatever it’s called now), OSHA, EPA, transportation, energy, homeland security, and agriculture. Require the remaining agencies that they have to give up 10% of their budget. Then make them give 10% next year, and the year after that. Make defense give up 15%. Privatize SSA. Rewrite the tax code and slim down the IRS by at least 50%. Cuts? Sensible cuts are easy to decide on, but nobody has the will to implement them. Nobody. That would be a good start.

So, simply disembowel the Federal Gov.? Thank heavens, I thought you were proposing something radical.

Under a flat tax, rich people would still pay a helluva lot more taxes than the poor, so they’d still be subject to the “you’re successful so we’re going to take more of yours” mandate. The only thing making your utopic vision “fair” is that the rate would happen to be the same. But what does that matter if the average taxpayer’s bottom line is the amount of money they have, not the percentage of the gross.

We can tell because we can look at the video, which corroborates this guy’s account. In fact, there must be tape somewhere that has the whole speech shot from behind her so you can see the teleprompter as she is speaking. Go find it and show us where it deviates.

elucidator, you silly monkey!

The free market and responsible corporations will look after everything, and be far more efficient at it. Nothing could possibly be wrong with that sensible proposition. For example, here in Canada, we have a stupid agency that is supposed to hire meat inspectors to check out processing plants. What a waste! It would be much more efficient if the companies themselves would look after public safety, and then we could all enjoy a nice tax cut.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/opinion/story.html?id=4c766c12-5dbb-447d-bdc1-4d11ed242372

Never Mind.

I know they would pay more, but both would be paying the same percentage, which is fair. I completely don’t understand your last sentence, could you explain what you mean? Different people have different amounts of money…oh kay…so?

I noticed in the Gibson interview she was saying “nucular”, I guess they fixed that pretty quick.