How do you like your tea?

Boston Harbour Tea (yes, the same blend of Darjeeling and Ceylon that wound up in Boston Harbor in Dec of 1773. Came for the experience and stayed for the taste) with honey. Unless I have a cold, or wish I had a cold, then I add a shot of Christian Brother’s brandy.

Strong and iced, no sugar or lemon, but with peppermint sometimes.

I also drink hot tea. Like the iced stuff, I like strong black tea with nothing else in it. Any good breakfast tea can fill in for my morning coffee.

English Breakfast or Irish Breakfast poured into a mug that contains a tablespoon of milk.

Green tea with nothing.

Do not care for herbal teas.

For iced tea, I just go directly to an Arnold Palmer.

Black with Sweet 'n Low. A habit I got into about 40 years ago and never got out of.

black, with a teaspoon of honey. Add an occasional dollop of coconut milk if it’s a breakfast tea or Chai.

Hot: Irish Breakfast or Ceylon Black with milk.

Iced: Southern-style “sweet tea”.

Green: Ice cream!

Oh yes. Wonderful in summer.

Yeah, I’m not crazy about green tea itself, but it somehow ends up making a lovely ice cream flavor.

Hot tea? Strong Irish Breakfast. Bit of sugar. Sometimes milk, but not always.

Cold tea? Green tea, either plain or with only the barest pinch of sugar. Like a drop of simple syrup for a 16 ounce glass.

No fucking lemon either way. Lemon in my tea makes me feel ill. Even my mom forgets this, though.

Bigelow Constant Comment, hot or iced, with just a bit of sweetener.

IANA tea person, but when I do drink tea, it’s typically unsweetened and iced, with lots of ice, and if I get the choice, I prefer it on the weak side. I can take or leave a slice of lemon or lime.

My wife is a big tea person, and she drinks primarily Chinese oolong tea, with some black tea in there. Occasionally I’ll have a cup of her oolong. It’s good, but in general outside of the early morning or very cold weather, I’m not a hot drink person.

I drink it both hot and iced.

Iced: black tea, loose leaf, steeped in boiling hot water in either a glass pitcher or a ceramic lined kettle (no metal please). Made VERY strong (so that pouring it over ice melts the ice substantially, diluting it considerably, hence if sufficiently strong to begin with yields the appropriate strength beverage). Sweeten while hot in the pitcher —very sweet (remember the dilution factor). Fill tall glass completely with ice then pour tea over ice while still hot. Mint leaves optional.

Hot: black tea or smoked black tea, any of a variety of strains or blends (I tend to prefer robust but sometimed I like delicate), sometimes with bits of orange or lemon peels or cinnamon or other flavoring additives, with strong non-wimpy honey, no milk, no lemon.