How do you remove deodorant stain from shirt?

The anti-perspirant/deodorant I use is that white stuff. Seems to have embedded itself in one shirt I own. I have washed it several times but the white(ish) spot under the arm of the shirt remains.

I like that shirt. Anyway to wash it out?

Sometimes, I have seen this “stain” to actually be a bleaching or changing of the fabric’s color. Good detergent and hot water usually gets out the deodorant/antiperspirant, but in a few cases where that didn’t work, I found the fabric had actually changed color.

Sez Heloise:

I think she’s pussy-footing. In her print-based column she’s basically said “you’re SOL” w/r/t deodorant stains.

Why yes, I do read Heloise every day. Why do you ask? :o

I get that, too, particularly on dark cotton sleeveless shirts. I hate to sound like a commercial, but Oxy Clean is excellent for this. Make a paste (MAKE IT TWICE AS STRONG!) by putting some in a little dish and adding a bit of water. Work this into the deodorant-y area, and let it sit for a couple of hours. Wash as normal. You might have to give it a couple of tries to get it all out. Vinegar works too, but IME, it takes longer.

I second the oxyclean motion. It has worked for me!

Usually the answer to any such stain removal questions is, Baking soda.
Haven’t tried it myself, but I have read it in lots of places.

Have you tried sweating on it? That should negate the stain, I would think.
:wink: