How Great Thou Art, who is Art?

But he paints, which suits his name better anyway. He could use it as a nickname: Art “Art” Garfunkel.

And in the lee light, we view the witchet stands - the ones the Republic is for. (Not Richard Sands - that’s a common mishearing of “witchet stands.” :slight_smile: )

Ee’d Plebnista… .

That would be ‘Harold’. Not Howard. And Harold was just Jesus’ middle name, which is why he always signed autographs ‘Jesus H. Christ.’ Harold be thy middle name.

So, am I the only one horrified at “How Great Thou Art” being called Gospel?

Oh for pete’s sake. Harold is an angel.

Damn atheists never read the bible.

It’s the other kind of gospel. *Country *gospel.

Country as in Sweden. :slight_smile:

Some people know there’s a type of music called gospel, and assume that any song with a religious theme must belong to it. I’m guessing that’s all that happened.

See? This is why I still pop by SDMB. I’d always taken for granted it was Art Blakey.

We could always hang him on the wall. :cool:

The other kind being Western Gospel?

While it is indeed a hymn, the version of it that is most common in the US was released by Manna Music. According to their web page on the song, it is the most recorded Gospel song by major Gospel artists, as well as having received an award as the “The All-Time Outstanding Gospel Song” in America by ASCAP in 1978.

Not that I know what it is we gosta pull. Sorry.

That’s what I had in the back of my mind :D.

I don’t know Art that well. I can’t tell you who Art is, but I know him when I see him.

You’re such a Yang!

No one can forget Grace, the popular cheerleader in high school. Her gymnastics skills, during games, were amazing.

:wink:

Here, of course is the actual answer for those that are curious.

Art, archaic or dialect second person singular present of be

I can see the program heading now: Art “Art” Garfunkel Art

Where I went to school, she was Jean. Jean the Machine! :o

The coach always used to say “She’s going to *ruin *this team!”