How Great Thou Art, who is Art?

This has always bugged me.

Who is Art?

It’s definitely among the top three best Gospel songs ever written.

Art is related to Andy. You know, Andy walks with me, Andy talks with me, Andy tells me I am his own…

It’s Art Garfunkel.

He never lived up to the original hype, but at that time he was famous due to his association with Paul Simon, plus he’d just appeared in the movie “Goodbye Columbus”.

After that, his fame waned.

:wink:

I knew this would draw some good quips.

Keep them coming.

“Our father.”

Who?

“Art, in Heaven.”

Art is Art the Methodist. He is related to John the Baptist.

He ran a charity for disabled wildlife. The mascot was Gladly - Gladly, the Cross-eyed Bear.

Regards,
Shirley (of the trio Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy)

Don’t forget Andy. Andy walks, with me, Andy talks with me, Andy tells me I am his own.

Also there’s Yoohoo. Yoohoo created the heavens and the earth.

Qadgop, it was, “Carnal Knowledge,” with Jack Nicholson. “Goodbye, Columbus,” was Richard Benjamin (they were both in, “Catch-22,” so partial credit).

Anyone who went to the University of Wisconsin in the 1970s and 1980s knows that Art was a window washer.

Sad news. Art is dead.

That’s what happens when I rely on memory instead of double checking with the internet. :smack:

Yep. Bites me in the ass every time.

Probably the same Andy in Post #2.

Another relative would be Howard. “Our Father who Art in Heaven, Howard be thy name.” Apparently Howard is called Art only when he’s in residence.

I bet that Art knows Round John Virgin, and Olive (the other reindeer).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments/212nc2/so_jesus_moses_and_an_old_man_go_golfing/

He thinks He’s Lee Trevino

Art is life, life is Art.

Art is a very selfish guy. Thus the saying.

Art is a good friend of Richard Sands. You know, the guy for whom you pledge allegiance to the republic.

Oh, yeah. We led the pigeons to the flag.

Jose never forgets to turn on the dawnzer. It gives lee light.