How hard is your doctor to reach?

I’m currently looking for a new doctor because of this issue. I called mine one Monday morning to ask if my old doctor could prescribe a medication for me that she said I could try if the one she initially prescribed didn’t work out. So, I call Monday morning, and they tell me that she’ll call me back. After a week, I got no call back. I figure I must have slipped through the cracks somehow, so I call again. They tell me she’s going to be in the office that afternoon, and she’ll call me back then. Super. Yet another week later, no call. So I call again, this time I finally get through to her PA. He tells me that he will talk to the doctor and call me back within a few hours. That was three months ago. I wrote a letter to complain (politely, it wasn’t some kind of obscenity-laden screed, and I was quite polite in every phone call), and I received absolutely no response.

I still don’t know what the deal was, and I’m sorta tempted to make an appointment to see her just to ask why the hell nobody ever called me back. I was really happy with that doctor, too. :frowning: