How has Former President Trump pissed you off today?

My prediction - He’s going to ask (DEMAND) that the pilot overfly the inauguration site.
I hope the military pilot refuses an illegal order (no fly zone).

“Oh, yeah? Make me!”

Okay, how about if the pilot tricks trump into putting on a parachute and then pushes him out of the airplane as they fly over while Joe taking the oath?

Why does this remind me of the joke about the Boy Scout, the “smartest man on Earth”, and some other dude in a plane after the pilot bailed out?

We are good now, the smartest twice impeached loser in the world just jumped out of the helicopter wearing my backpack!

Trump should be playing a rusty trombone. That’s all.

But he’d probably fuck that up, too.

Let’s hope he puts on a rucksack instead of a parachute, he is dumb enough.

“As God is my witness, I thought the turkey could fly!”

There is a typo in this article that just has me chuckling because it is appropriate for them:

When Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner shared their decision to pick up and move their family to Washington from New York four years ago, multiple sources who know the couple said the idea was the White House years would allow easy entree to their ambitious next steps: Kushner would become a powerful player in global politics and Trump would become a shoo-in to a higher office of her own.

What, were they thinking they would get free meals because they were in the white house? Maybe unlimited bread at their favorite Italian restaurant? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :grinning:

//i\\

en·trée
/ˈänˌtrā,ˌänˈtrā/

noun

1. the main course of a meal.
    2. the right to enter or join a particular sphere or group.
    “an actress with an entrée into the intellectual society of Berlin”

While I agree there is a second meaning to the word, I think that if that was the intended use they should have written it, like in the usage example, as: allow an easy entree to their ambitious next steps. The meaning is of course obvious in the article, which is the point of communication, but I would have preferred that a more common use of the phrase would have been used: would allow easy entry to their their ambitious next steps.

Regardless, the use of the word entree made me laugh because of the image it conjures up of them demanding something in a restaurants using: “Do you know who I am?”, and the response being: “yes, and that is why we are denying you preferential service”.

//i\\

If it is followed by Taps, I will not oppose it.

The meaning of entrée is obvious enough (to me anyway): The author is saying that Washington is fed up with them.

Appalling but not surprising, just like so much of the rest of his Presidency:

On the topic of pardons, I am given to understand that pardon power is pretty much absolute.

There has been precedent for pardons even before anyone was charged, for a broad range of things they might have maybe done (Ford pardoning Nixon), as well as precedent for pardoning a huge bunch of folks for a specific crime (Carter pardoning draft dodgers)

However… What we might see tomorrow is blanket pardons for a bunch of people who have not been charged yet for a bunch of unspecified crimes on January 6. Specifically, crimes that were committed at the behest of a sitting president to overthrow an election by the violent armed attack of the Legislative Branch of government who were following a procedure of peaceful government transition.

So… assuming this is done, and is all legal and all…

What is to prevent a future president from ordering all security out of the Capitol building during a Legislative Branch sitting, and then sending in a private mercenary heavily armed group to take the building and occupants? The mercenary army could capture and immobilize any legislators who were in the opposition party, murder any who resisted, and remove all paper and electronic materials from their offices. Then leave.

Then in our hypothetical, the sitting president who is now in possession of every single piece of information from his opposition, promptly pardons every single mercenary who participated in this raid.

It seems that this scenario would now be “legal”. And the sitting president could then release “information” to the press that shows how the opposition were a criminal network of human organ traffickers, or whatever else his PR team can dream up.

It seems that this scenario would now be “legal”. And the sitting president could then release “information” to the press that shows how the opposition were a criminal network of human organ traffickers, or whatever else his PR team can dream up.

Yeah, I have similar concerns.

Likewise. The next tyrant wannabe might not be quite so much of a lazy, short-attention-span bungler.

I’m pretty sure that the Capital Police are entirely separate from the DC police and under control of the legislative branch. Not that a would-be tyrant couldn’t in theory call up enough troops to overrun them, but that is an entirely separate thing.

They are, yes, although there is a oversight board between them and the legislative branch.

Here is the Wiki article on the United States Capitol Police. Turns out that it’s governed by a 3-member board appointed by the House of Representatives, the Senate, and the President.