How has the disgraced former President Trump pissed you off today?

And that’s including the Newer Testament.

When you mix church and state, you get state.

The only time Donnie Sr. ever turned the other cheek was to let Pence, Graham, and all the rest take turns kissing his ass.

Seriously, WTF is junior talking about when they say they’ve turned the other cheek. When? And what ground have they ceded in every major institution? What a persecution complex.

Just heard on Twitter, Trump to hold news conference on Jan. 6.

I posted this in another thread, but in case anybody missed it:

On the steps of the Capitol, I presume?

I bet he thinks he can somehow turn it into an annual event, one that will last thru the ages like Christmas and New Year’s Eve.

“Let’s head downtown for the traditional overthrowing of the government, everyone! Isn’t this a magical time of year?”

:roll_eyes:

“Have you heard Mariah Carey’s new album of insurrection carols?”

Oh, won’t someone think of the billionaires!

Almost 30 years ago I bought a book called Not The Bible. Here’s one of my favourite snippets:

1. And God looked upon the species he hath made, and saw that the earth was exceedingly crowded, and he said unto them, Let each species compete for what it needed; for Healthy Competition is My Law. And the species competeth amongst themselves, the cattle and the creeping things; and some madeth it and some didn’t; and the dogs ate the dinosaurs and God was pleased.
  2. And God took the bones from the dinosaurs, and caused them to appear mighty old; and cast he them about the land and the sea. And he took every tiny creature that had not madeth it, and caused them to become fossils; and cast he them about likewise.
  3. And just to put matters beyond the valley of the shadow of a doubt God created carbon dating. And this is the origin of species.

Rather than describe it in my own words, here is what one reviewer on Amazon wrote [emphasis mine]:

[T]his is not a parody of the actual Bible. It is, instead, the Bible as it “should be” in the eyes of Southern US fundamentalist protestant Christians. If Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell had the opportunity to write a Bible promoting their theology to replace the real Bible promoting its actual theology, “Not The Bible” would be the book. A hilarious ride through right-wing American politics masquerading as ‘true religion.’

Behold: Poe's law - Wikipedia

Very nice.

Surely that should be “news conference.” Can you imagine Trump taking questions from the reporters traditionally present at a news conference? No, me either.

But of course it will be a show-stopping celebration of Violence (Totally Justified) for Political Purposes. Expect some of those war-criminals Trump pardoned to praise the noble calling of slaughtering the “enemy,” and lots of just-this-side-of-actionable naming of those who Trump sees as the “enemy.”

Will be wild!

Trump’s “news conference” will be at Mal-a-Loco, not in D.C. So no rousing the rabble to march to that big building at the other end of Pennsylvania Av. Suggestion is that he’s doing it to distract the news media from the goings-on at the Jan. 6 Committee.

I am hoping that this “event” will be only minimally covered, if at all, by respectable news media.

If course. He declares he will have a news conference and then steps out on his front porch to yell at the clouds. Just as he declared he was going to create a new social media platform and ended up having a blog page.

I think it’s also plausible that his handlers are telling him that he’s having a “big importance press conference that the world is eager to attend” and that his blog site was a “revolutionary new social media platform to rival and eventually destroy the likes of Facebook and Twitter”. And he’s dumb enough to believe them, especially when it feeds his ego.

Seriously, I hope that the mainstream media pay little or no attention to this. We’ve heard enough of Trump’s blathering, and he has nothing useful or helpful to say.

But of course, sources like Newsmax, Breitbart, OANN, and possibly Fox will pay attention. Even if CNN, the New York Times, and the Washington Post attend, Trump won’t take their questions. Which is all that matters to Trumpists.

The day after, they’ll be on their message boards, Trumpeting (pun intended) the awesomeness of President Trump (because he really is the President), and how he put the imposters “Biden*” (note the asterisk, like a drugged-up ballplayer has in the record books) and Commie-la (aka “the Cackler”) Harris in their places. They’ll talk about how astutely he handled the questions from Newsmax, Brietbart, and OANN; while intentionally ignoring CNN, the NYT, and the WaPo, because they’d just spin his answers to their questions into something that made him look like a fool.

IMHO, he doesn’t need their help in doing that. As long as he tries to remain a public figure while actually being a private one nowadays, he looks like a fool. “Look at me; I’m so great,” is what eight-year-olds say on the playground, not failed reality TV show hosts and politicians who are in their 70s.

I’m not so sure he won’t take questions. He loves to be rude and nasty to people. He’s also good at ignoring questions he doesn’t want to deal with, for awhile at least. Then he stomps off in righteous anger.

Shades of Fred Trump’s last lucid days. Sitting in an office with a phone that only connects to his PA and signing blank pieces of paper.

Sadly, thou hopest in vain, Grasshopper. Remember, hope is the thing with feathers…until someone blasts it to smithereens.

I won’t get wall to wall coverage like the right-y media will give it. But it will be in the headlines.

Damn, I love picturing Donnie like that. With a big ol’ box of Sharpies, scrawling that pointy signature on page after page… sweet.

And buzzing his secretary for that Diet Coke that never quite arrives.