How long does the "save" icon have left?

The speed camera signs here show a front view of a reasonably-contermporary camera, as it might be if it were taking a picture of you.

My fuel injected car has a carburettor light on the dash.

Swedish roadsign for speedcamera or perhaps a rocket ship.

Or “Your mailbox is falling over”…

Neat.

The floppy disk will long outlast the telephone ring (as in a bell), which will die out in 5-10 years. I wonder why this sign has kids carrying books leather-belt style

Vista (urgh, but it came with my laptop) has a little spinny blue circle like the one in the IE used for “Hang on I’m loading your page”.

I’d say it’s because technology has moved away from mechanical devices with distinctive parts as distinguishing features towards slimline electronic objects with no moving parts. A ‘bellows’ type camera is quite unique in its look, while a modern camera looks like a a discreet high-tech box.

But other countries manage to come up with a picture that is recognisably a modern camera. True, it doesn’t look like a speed camera. I wonder why they don’t use a picture of a GATSO type camera, as they’re easily recognisable.

I do agree; maybe then it is a matter of old-fashioned signifiers being so eccentric as to be more noticeable than their modern counterparts. For example, the handshank from the middle ages used for clutching at straws… oh…