How long have I been married?

See, now I just know that I and my wife are the types who would insist on the second marriage being on the same date as the original one so as not to have the problem of “what’s our anniversary date?”, and would also likely be of the same mind that the reconciliation represent an admission of error in the gap that should basically be ignored - meaning it’s your 20th anniversary.

That, or else take the 180 degree opposite view that we needed to make the 2nd try as different from the first one as possible, have our 2nd marriage be 6 months off to the day from the first one, reset “the clock” and, if possible, change our last names as well to something completely other.

Anything in between is just illogical. :slight_smile:

I go with 20 years. By the way, my uncle did the same thing–married, divorced, and remarried his wife. They’re very happy. I wish you another happy 20 years.

In a board where asking “are cute kids cute?” can bring people saying “there is no such thing as a cute kid, not even mine”, this has got to be one of the most consensual threads ever.

You should be celebrating your 3rd but it’s probably best to do what she says. :frowning:

My wife told me what to write :wink:

Whatever she says is right. If your wife says the sky is green and the grass is blue, she’s right. That’s the secret to staying married.

Thanks, but Mood Indigo said it first - unless you refer to the remark about a third wedding …