How long is CBD oil good for?

There’s a survivalist store down the street from us that advertises that they sell CBD oil. If you’re a survivalist escaping from the apocalypse, how long would you expect your CBD oil to be good for?

These guys give good storage tips:
After bloviating forever, they get down to 1-2 years.

Here, we have 14 to 24 months.

Don’t buy a gallon. Keep it dark, keep it cool, keep it away from strong light.

Most important: Say no to drugs, drugs are a dead end, Mom would be disappoint. Mac Gruff will likely get you.

It would be difficult to give anywhere near precise answers on the long-term efficacy of a product with little in the way of demonstrated efficacy, and as far as I can tell from the supplied link, estimates of clinical potency after storage are guesswork.

The survivalist stores would undoubtedly tell you to renew your supplies on a regular basis, as you don’t want to be caught by an unexpected apocalypse with rundown CBD oil and other degrading necessities. :smack::eek:

Dark, cool, dry, and air-free will slow down most degradation mechanisms for small organic molecules. I can’t speak to this one in particular.

https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.7b01658
“…cannabidiol (CBD), a cannabis extract compound known for its intrinsically low chemical stability that limits its therapeutic potential.”

I’m seeing half lives of days, but not for the (relatively) pure compound.

Seems to me Coffee would be the tougher issue. All those subtle nuances and flavors are sure to degrade before you can finish your 50Lb stash. Caffeine pills are not the same.