I’m assuming it’s food poisoning. I drank a frozen coffee concoction Sunday night I had made a few days before and started feeling queasy shortly afterward. I never actually threw up, but I came close. My energy is way down and I find it difficult to eat, which for me is like a fish finding it difficult to swim. My urine was orangish the first two days but is getting back to a more normal color now.
In the past I always thought food poisoning was something you got over relatively quickly, at least I did the few times it ever happened in my life, but this is hanging out now 4 days and I’m still queasy, and I have a weird taste in my mouth. It’s starting to worry me. I think I’m getting better but the nausea comes and goes.
I’m 57, Does food poisoning recovery take longer as you get older? Can the effect last 4-5 days after the fact of poisoning?