How many cartoon shows can you remember?

Marine Boy ( My first Anime)

SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron. (The only cartoon theme that didn’t suck.)

Star Trek: The Animated Series (I wish they’d do a remake.)

Shazam ( Yes, there was a briefly-existing animated show. No, I’m not mixing it up with the live action show.)

The Adventures Of Calamity Jane (first Western cartoon in years, very interesting art style.)

Star Blazers

Oh yeah–Buck O’Hare And The Toad Wars.

I’ll try to avoid repeating shows listed above (and just mention shows I liked).

George of the Jungle-

• George, George, George of the Jungle
    Lives a life that’s free.
    George, George, George of the Jungle
    Watch out for that tree!*

Underdog-How can you not like a hero who spoke in rhyming couplets and whose secret identity was Humble Shoeshine Boy?

Josie & the Pussycats-
Josie and the Pussycats
Long tails and ears for hats!

What else needs to be said? (Except that Archie comics screwed Dan DeCarlo.)

Hong Kong Phooey-Kind of an Underdog for the 70s, with kung fu exploitation mixed in. He was a janitor who would change into Hong Kong Phooey by diving into a file cabinet, drive around in the Phooeymobile, and consult the Big Book of Kung-Fu for martial arts tips. Made memorable by the voice of Scatman Crothers.

Jana of the Jungle-Filmation’s distaff Tarzan, who ran around the Amazon. They went to some lengths for authenticty, so no lions or elephants in the Amazon jungle. She wore a razor-sharp ring necklace that she would through like a chakra.

Star Blazers-
We’re off for outer space.
We’re leaving mother Earth
To save the human race.
Our Star Blazers!

I’d probably remember the show a lot more clearly if it hadn’t been on at friggin’ six in the morning.

Clutch Cargo (Unforgettable because of SynchroVox, which superimposed real lips over the character’s faces)
Space Angel (less well known than Clutch, same bizaare effects)
Hoppity Hooper (Jay Ward’s least well known creation)

Belle and Sebastian – hence the band name… :wink:

Dirty Diapers! This is what I get for going with an OTTOMH feeling and not bothering to search. Across the sea is correct. Again, OTTOMH, “I glow for Moondreamers and Moondreamers glow for me. Something something magical something, and for me they glow magically”. In my defense, somebody did say “It’s time to dreamcast” every episode.
Bosda
Are you referring to the Shazam and Isis Power Hour? Cartoons of Isis and the various Marvel characters (Captain Marvel {Often incorrectly called Shazam. Shazam was actually the name of the ancient wizard who gave the Marvels their powers}, Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr.) Were mixed with cartoons and live action of the students of Hero High (Captain Cool etc).

The 90s were past my prime cartoon watching, but the big shows of that decade included Animaniacs, Pinky & the Brain, Doug, Pepper Ann, Freakazoid!, Earthworm Jim, Batman:TAS, Superman:TAS, Gargoyles, Reboot, Exo-Squad, Batman Beyond, Recess, Pirtates of Dark Water, and Eek! the Cat.

Nobody’s listed the old batch of high-quality Nicktoons? For shame!

Rocko’s Modern Life.
Angry Beavers.
Aaaaah! Real Monsters.
Doug.
Rugrats (sorta).
Kablaam!

Here’s a page on Calamity Jane

Odd that you’d remember it as it had a VERY short run (3 weeks).

Please forgive me if I’m dredging up horrible memories for anyone, but a comprehensive list is more important than anyone’s delicate sensibilities, so I submit:

Abbot and Costello
The Three Robonic Stooges

“Robonic?” I hear you cry. Yup. Sorry about that.

Yes!!
Willo The Wisp
:slight_smile:

Yes indeedy.

Although I do belive that later on, the split the thing into 2 separate shows via editing.

I remember it because it was very cool! :cool:

Quality always impresses your Uncle Bosda.

Heckle and Jeckle, two magpies, created by Paul Terry.

Max & Ruby, new one based on the children’s books by Rosemary Wells.

Andy Panda. . . also maybe from same studio a family of hillbilly bears.

Woody Woodpecker, ha-ha-ha-HAA-ha, by Walter Lanz

How about all the Disney’s: Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc.

Popeye.

I’m sure that more will come to me. . .

TPWombat, thank you. I’ll have nightmares about Evil Edna now. It was one of those shows that nobody I ever met remembered, like Doctor Snuggles- but i have been vindicated! It exist(s)(ed)!

Belle and Sebastian, of course.

There was a weird Bravestar episode with Sherlock Holmes in it that’s haunted me for years. There was some song about world peace and harmony in it that I remember singing for hours. Must’ve driven my parents nuts.

Babar*. That was great. I still have one of the books somewhere. Paddington Bear. The Aladdin and Little Mermaid shows.

I remember Shirttails! In fact, I still have my two little mini stuffed animals-Pammie and Rick (a panda and a raccoon, respectively)

I remember Dr Snuggles. I recall an episode in which he had to make a diamond making machine. Cosmic cat then instructed him to use the diamond to make a rainbow making machine.

And of course, the theme song ‘If you have troubles, call Doctor Snuggles.’
Mighty Max-Max finds a magical baseball cap that opens portals in space. With the help of the ancient Lemurian chicken(fowl actually) Virgil and the mighty viking warrior Norman, he fights evil. The show was drawn in a distinctive style and had excellent writers.

Phantom 2040- I expected this to suck. It doesn’t. The Madison corporation has a secret plan involving world domination and androids(which were called biots on the show). The curent Phantom’s costume includes a cloaking device, grapple lines for Spidey like swinging, and a laser gun. Somehow, the whole thing worked. The design was reminiscent of Aeon Flux. Much better than it sounds. Imagine trying to describe Samurai Jack without it sounding laughably cheesy. “The whole world is my jungle now!”

Exosquad-In the future humans create a genetically engineered race called Neo Sapiens. They rebel. Exo squad was equipped with the standard power armor suits. Again, excellent writing. (I consider these three to be the highest quality cartoons ever made for the syndicated market). Characters could actually develop, grow and even die. One episode had a captain taking his ship into the midst of an enemy fleet and setting off the auto destruct in attempt to secure the escape of the human ships and to atone for his past failures.

DragonFlies- Based on a series of pull-the-string-and-the-toy-launches-and-flies-like-a-helicopter toys. It was standard humans fight standard ugly bad guys stuff. It had two redeeming features- Nocturna, she was green, clawed, fanged, winged, and damn sexy. And the themesong was very well sung. “Watch the skies for Dragonflies! DragonFlies, maximize! Before the world grows dark and dies, the only hope is in the skies! Watch the skies for DragonFlies!”

Oh, How could I forget Kidd Video? My cousin and I used to play that all the time-I was always Carla and she was Glitter (was that the little fairy’s name?)

I loved that show!

Note To Self-

Send Guinastasia to the Flipside, where she’ll be my musical slave forever.

I’d like to see VH1 do a behind the music on Kidd Video.

wasin’t there a show where a kid had a bag that held everything in it. i think i remember him pulling out a ladder out of his carpit bag looking luggige.