How many different types of uniforms must a typical armed forces service person own?

Sort of…depending a little on the element.

RCAF (Air Force) - CADPAT (it’s not called Combats anymore), flight kit (if aircrew), Dress Uniform lightweight (summer), heavyweight (winter) and Mess Kit (if you are an MWO or above, or an Officer)

RCN (navy) - CADPAT (sometimes), service dress (this pants and button shirt combo for around ship), DEU (black), DEU (white), Mess Kit (as above)

Canadian Army - CADPAT, Dress Uniform lightweight and heavyweight, Mess Kit (as above)

Generally, we have three sets of CADPAT, which we use until their wear out or need a different size. Additional is winter/arctic kit.

Firefighters, medics, mechanics and other trades also have additional/other items they may need. I will add, I have about seven pairs of boots. Canadian uniforms tend to be a bit more comfy that the American ones, our fabric is nicer. The US guys I worked with said “It’s like a Wubba!”, and were very jealous.

Israeli army uniforms are simple, relatively speaking. There are basically two types of uniform - “Aleph” (A) and “Bet” (B).

A’s, or dfress uniforms are issued when you join up and are returned when you’re discharged. They consist of a shirt and pants, both olive drab, to be worn during ceremonies (rare) and when going on leave (much more common). Soldiers who reside off base generally wear them full-time. Example. “Career” officers and NCOs - meaning soldiers serving longer than 4 years - wear different-colored A uniforms (example), which they pay for themselves.

B’s, or work uniforms, are provided at the unit level, and are considered issued gear, like helmets or canteens. The look a lot like the As, but are looser and more rugged. Example. The Israeli military isn’t a big fan of camo - first of all, there’s nothing it can do that a little dirt can’t do just as well; and second of all, all of Israel’s enemies wear camo, so wearing olive drab helps avoid confusion.Fleece jacketsare worn during winter - they’re usually purchased by units from a discretionary fund, which leads to a variety of designs. Various “specialized” uniforms, like tankers’ jumpsuits, are issued as needed.

There’s also a dress uniform issued to officers at least O-5 and higher for use abroad. It’s the only IDF uniform that features a jacket and tie, and is never worn in Israel.

No. Actually, I probably would prefer to have two different weights of material available. I was referring solely to the pattern itself and its ability to actually help the wearer blend in to shit.
My top choice would have been ATACS, but I am more than content with Scorpion/Multi-Cam.

Is there a female version of this?

I have no idea.

The dress uniforms are almost aggressively nondescript - basic grey suits with some pins attached.I’ve never seen one in person myself. I imagine that if female versions exist, they’re basically the same but with a skirt.

Just looking at the sharp contrast between the dark olive drab uniforms in that example and the light-colored sand behind the soldiers, I’m surprised that the Israeli military doesn’t at least adopt tan uniforms.