How many different ways can you repackage "10% Benzoyl Peroxide" and call it new?

Really? My Neutrogena “Oil Free Acne Wash” seems to have salicylic acid 1% as its only active ingredient. (Not trying to contradict; I’m just curious where you heard this.)

Ooh, really? I’ve wanted to try this. Have you ever had two blemishes at the same time and tried treating one with topical cream and one with the Zeno? Was the difference remarkable?

As does my Neutrogena for Men Skin Clearing Face Wash and Skin Clearing Shave Cream. Also, the Clean & Clear Mosturizer bills itself as a “Salicylic Acid Acne Medication”

(Grrr, over 40 years old and I still need to use this stuff) :mad:

My mistake. I just searched the FDA site and it says 0.5% to 2.0% salicylic acid is okay.

I was thinking back to a product I used to use called Acne Statin. It was, IIRC, 2% salicylic acid. I am now remembering that they ran afoul of the FDA by claiming it could cure cystic acne. It was a good product for my not so bad acne, though.

For some people (I’m not saying this is true for you!) the flaky skin isn’t from dry skin but from too much oil production. It’s called seborrheic dermatitis.

Just something for some of the acne sufferers to consider. If your skin tends toward the oily but you’re getting what looks like dry skin, it could be seborrheic dermatitis instead, especially if it’s itchy.

I’ve never thought to do the controlled experiement stuff, and I don’t use much in the way of topical creams (I used to occasionally use my mom’s retin-A, but I LOATHED it, because it always seemed like it dried the shit out of my skin). I used to always use stridex or Sea-Breeze, something like that, when I got a zit. They advertise the Zeno as needing 2-3 treatments over 12-24 hours, but I will say from my own (non-severe acne, not statistically reliable data) experience that if I get to the zit when it is in that itchy, red, bumpy, not-quite-a-real-zit phase, it only take me one zap with my Zeno to kill it.

If you really want to try it out, go for it - it’s got a thirty-day money back guarantee, and most Walgreens stores don’t even care about the 30-day part. PLus you can use it for everyone in the house (just swipe the tip with an alcohol wipe in between uses), use it if you’re pregnant (I don’t know if that’s an issue for you or not), and use it in conjunction with any pill or cream you want.