How many "Merry fucking xmas!" have you been wished this year

I have had 6. I work in a call-centre for a bank. I have been working 23rd,24th,25th.
It is amazing how many people think their salary will be electronically credited to accounts on a public holiday.
When told that obviously it will not be, they respond with “Merry fucking christmas to you!” and hang up.

Charming. Probably folk who left the Christmas shopping way too late …

BTW – thanks for being a call-centre worker who is working these holidays. Folk like you are great when an emergency happens.

Well, I brought in some South Park Christmas music to play at the office this morning, and afterwards my co-worker an I wished each other a Merry Fucking Christmas.

Not a MFX, but this is the only thread I’m likely to be able to tell this story in:

After a little contretemps about who was buying stocking stuffers for whom, I’ve run out to the Couche-Tard for last minute candy. While there, I notice the straight razor blades I need for the little dohickey I use to scrape crud off my stove’s ceramic cooktop, and that I didn’t find earlier at Canadian Tire. Score! At the cash, the clerk doesn’t seem to recognize the package.

Clerk: beep Hmm, what are these?
Me: Razor blades.
Clerk: … Merry Christmas.

LOL! “I’m emo, but not that emo,” I told her.

Some people are idiots. I hope that you haven’t let them ruin your Christmas.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

There’s really no reason other than “Standard Banking Practices” (i.e. greed) that deductions are instantaneous but deposits can be ignored for a three day weekend. When I become president, this will change.

They shouldn’t take it out on you, though.

My daughter showed us a video of her boyfriend’s band playing an Xmas show. In it, he wishes everyone a merry f*cking Christmas. heh.

They have a new video if you like punk music.

Electronic deductions such as payments to companies are not instantaneous. They can only come out on business days.

I mean direct debits not eftpos.

Payments come every day for me at Wells Fargo and Washington Mutual banks.
Any automatic deductions, like the gas or cable bills, plus any purchases at stores in either ATM mode or credit card mode.
And if I take money out of an ATM it’s instantaneous, but deposits are delayed, even though they show on my deposit slip as being in there. But if you try to take it out before the long weekend is up, surprise! overdraft fee.

None. Then again, I don’t know anyone named Merry, let alone have any lust for her. Yesterday, upon leaving a Christmas brunch at a relative’s house, several folks hugged me and said, “Happy New Year, too, if I don’t see you before then.” I replied, “Well, thanks, and Happy Ground Hog Day to you, if I don’t see you before then.”