How many more Fropis must die you evil whoreslut wife?

You are assuming, of course, that the others have read those other threads…

Maybe you should just admit that Scylla probably knows how to deal with his wife better than you do. He’s been married to her for a while, has a kid with her, etc.

It’s fine to express your disapproval. No one said you broke any rules or were being a jerk. Some people just have different standards of what is acceptable in a relationship than you.

Darkwriter:

I agree with everything you said. Your criticisms are valid. I’m glad you don’t like it. I don’t like it.

All I can say is that it felt like a piece of brilliant humor when I wrote it.

This is not the first time that I have swung and missed, and I doubt it will be the last.

I’ll bet when they were making Waterworld they thought it was gonna be good.

It didn’t come out right, and it’s a bad piece of writing. It’s hurtful instead of loving.

There’s a line out there. Sometimes you can run across that line and grab a gem. I grabbed a turd.

I never said anything about knowing Scylla’s wife better than he does. I know people have different standards in their relationships, different types of humor, yada yada.

To put it bluntly, I thought he was a complete ass in his OP. My opinion, that’s all. But it bothered me enough to want to express my opinion, just as others expressed their approval. That’s it, nothing more. I’m not going to lose sleep over it or anything.
:slight_smile:

I’m impressed, Scylla. Thank you for saying that.

As others have said, relationships differ. A statement that would be considered unforgiveable in one marriage might be considered humorous in another. Your opinions and standards may differ, but that’s not relevant to his marraige.

My link was meant to show that Scylla’s relationship with his wife appears to include his deep respect for her, and the current post should be read in that light.

And BTW, I think your characterization of his earlier post as merely being “nice” to his wife seriously understates the content and power of his words.

To be honest, Random, I just skimmed that post to get the gist of it.

And yes, yes - I know relationships and their dynamics differ; it’s been pointed out to me several times. But since I don’t live with Scylla and his wife and therefore don’t know their particular dynamic, I was left with the impression of his OP. Which Scylla himself just said he doesn’t like anyway. So there you go.

Scylla–I think if you took out all the ugly words and names, this would have been brilliantly funny. I do think it would be a crime to bake a fropi on the cardboard… With some judicious and careful editing, this could be worthy of Teemings. Yes, you missed a bit, but I don’t think it’s an irredeemable turd…

I’m deeply offended with the position that there is a difference between cardboard on and cardboard off, for that insinuates that frozen pizza is food. Frozen pizza is not food, and should not be considered as such.

well if I were her I’d fuck with your fropi too,

“take care of all the Christmas cards”

yeah right scylla dear

This is where you are wrong. Fropi technology has had some pretty serious breakthroughs recently, and we are now up to the point where a high quality Fropi is actually better than a poor quality fresh pizza, like Dominos or Pizza hut.

If you haven’t had a fropi for a few years, you may wish to bring yourself up to speed with the state of the art.

Being better than a poor quality fresh pizza is hardly a glowing recommendation.

I assume that one eats frozen pizza as survival rations rather than for any gastronomic satisfaction.

Here is a fropi from fropi.com. Does not even look edible. :wink:
fropi.com

Garbo in Ninotchka is on in fifteen minutes. Much against my better judgment, instead of ordering in, I’m making a run for some frozen pizza - - something I have not done in years.

The things I do in the fight against ignorance. May God save my soul.

Waiter: “Madame, if you do not think about food, what do you think of?”

Garbo: “I think of the good of the common people.”

Well, I’ve followed the baking instructions to a T, and can’t say that I am impressed. It’s like stale flat bread that has had the upper surface turned to mush by a purile tomato puree. Pretty much the same as I remembered. It may be convenience rations for the masses, but is is not recognizable as food to me. My cat seems somewhat interested in it, so I’ll leave it to him.

Rather than sleep in this morning, I was woken by my protesting tummy. Then while on the way to the tolet, I stepped in cat vomit. Damn frozen pizza.

Perhaps when the good lady killed the fropis, she was simply doing her civic duty, protecting her family from ingestion of toxic waste.

Depends on what brand you had Muffin. As a lifelong pizza eater, I will match my expertise against anyone on this here board. I am da Prince of Pepperoni, the Mutha of Mozerella, the King of Crust.

Only two frozen brands – Di Giorno and Freschetta – deserve comparison with fresh stone-baked pizzas. Tombstone may be better than the .99-cent wonders I ate in the '70s that was considered cutting-edge in Fropit technology (and it was. Cutting edge that is. You could shave with the non-rising crust they had back then).

But the back of my hand to Red Baron and Tombstone, and a kick in the natters to the rest of them. DiG and the Fresh are da bomb, as the kids would say. And for a non-alcoholic beverage, Diet Coke is perfectly acceptable.

pesch

The Tombstone taco pizza is pretty good.

Well, I for one thought the OP was clever. Way funnier than the one about the car-that-shall-not-be-named.

And I like fropis, too.

How the hell does one pronounce this…fropi?

fraw-pee?
fro-pee?
fro-pie?

Frozen

Pizza.

Just like it sounds.