how much does "it's just lunch" cost

I think it was just under $1,000 for a year, but this was about seven years ago and they were having a “sale” when I joined. I’ll see tonight if I still have my old check register.

Who pays for the lunch?

From what I read on the website, you go Dutch.

Typically you go Dutch, since neither party is there at the invitation of the other. I would offer to pay sometimes and the women would decline, and I felt it would have been bad form to insist.

Business idea: It’s Just Lunch, the restaurant! Single people come in, pay a prix fixe for lunch, and get paired off. Or would that be embarassing because everyone would know what was going on so no one would want to be seen going in there?

Wait–what?! You pay them $1,500 a year and it doesn’t even include the price of the meals?! :o

Just lunch? It’s not even lunch! :smiley:

For $1500 a year I will let someone take me out to lunch once a month, no problem. Heck, my wife probably won’t mind, either - we’ll use it to pay for that new TV!

:smiley:

It would be kind of awkward if two women and a hundred men came in (unless they were gay).

I just spend some time talking to Kim’s assistant. I was totally honest with her about my real wants and needs and demographics, just not about my name.

She quoted me a price of $2700 for a year and that guarantees me ten dates. I am certain that that is the initial price and that bargaining would cut it at least in half.

Then I told her that I wasn’t willing to date anyone who lives more than a twenty minute drive away from me which limits it to a fairly small population. She said that it wouldn’t work out because there aren’t enough women in her data base in my city to even get the ten dates. She halfheartedly tried to convince me to broaden my scope and then we parted friends.

The End.

WTF?
I assumed meals were included and still thought it pricey.

Anyone want to have lunch with me? I know of some great taco trucks with one-dollar tacos…my treat:):smiley:

psst…meet at McDonalds. (you bring taco…i’ll bring burger) :smiley:

I had wondered how this thread managed to have 156,000 views, until I saw the date on the OP.

Oh? you expect that? … Well me? make it a plane ticket to paradise (with diamond studded earrings) A Red Eye flight to Switzerland. (with a Hot Tub surrounded by lavender roses) Champagne. And yeah. It would be “just lunch”!! … :slight_smile: …and you got yourself a deal!!!

Man, how much would that suck to pay $2,200 for a year’s worth of dates and find the lady you wanted to be with forever on the first date? That’s one heck of an expensive first date.

Churchill: Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?
Socialite: My goodness, Mr. Churchill… Well, I suppose… we would have to discuss terms, of course…
Churchill: Would you sleep with me for five pounds?
Socialite: Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!
Churchill: Madam, we’ve already established that. Now we are haggling about the price.

Hey, if someone wants to pay me a couple hundred bucks to have lunch with them, I’m game.

(Blowjob not included)

Socialite: Sir!!..are you a PIMP?
Churchill: Um, Mmmm…if you are soo inclined to haggle on the price…Mmmm…no.
Socialite: Are you a JOHN?!!!
Churchill: Well, i think we have established that!!!

giggle
I can’t imagine paying for a dating service when OKCupid is free. If you’re wired in such a way that you’ll only be happy with a submissive Zoroastrian anarchist pervert who likes to suck toes and who reads Proust, loves video games, and hates sunlight and prefers a sloppy house and is usually ready for sex on the 4th date but hardly ever sooner and liked long discussions over pasta for a first date, but likes to get freaky several times per week and is horny mostly in the mornings and is 34 years old and 6’3" tall and has wrought-iron piercings, OKCupid will find you suitable prospects.