How Often Do You Get Jury Duty?

3 times in the last 4 years. :frowning:

I was nabbed twice in a 3 year period in the early 80’s, once for a county superior court and once for a small town court. Haven’t been called since. My step daughter has been picked twice in the past year and she doesn’t even have a drivers license, just an ID card.

Not once so far.

Between the time I registered to vote at 17 and moving to Virginia from Ohio 6 years later, I was called 3 times, never served. I was also called once in Virginia by the Ohio county about a year after I moved. I didn’t go to that one.

In Virginia, I got called once for a jury pool of a murder case (black man accused of killing a white, teenage coed. They had 120 people show up for 3 days for that pool, then he plead guilty.) The second time was for an animal cruelty case and I was the foreman.

Since moving back to Ohio 12 years ago, I have been called for Grand Jury duty by the county once. That was once a month for 4 months. Very interesting time. Wouldn’t mind getting called again, but hasn’t happened yet.

They call me all the freaking time! I first registered to vote in Georgia, when I was in college there. I got called for city and county court in the first year. Of course, since I was in school when I was there and out of state when I wasn’t in school, I’d have to call and tell them that and they’d waive me. And then they’d call me again! In four years I got five or so jury summons.

Then I moved back home changed my voter’s registration and lo! and behold, I immediately got called to county court. I couldn’t serve then (in school again), but since I really live here year round I got a postponement till the week where all the teachers and students do. And of all those people, I get called up for not just a case, but the most boring case in the world. I was glad to serve, I really wanted to serve, but did I have to serve after all the other juries got dismissed?! Anyway, after you actually serve here, you get two years off. I could still get called for city, though.

In other words, obviously Georgia and South Carolina call by voter registration. And obviously nobody else in the world can do it, because Uncle Sam reeeealy wants me.

I had to do the call-in-and-see-if-they-need-me deal about 10 or so years ago. I wasn’t needed. That was the only time my name came up in over 30 years.

Been a registered voter for the last nine years, all in the same county. Been called about three times. The first time I got a four year deferment for being a student. Second time, I got far enough to be dismissed by the defendent’s attorney because I was pro-gun control (the defendent, who bore an uncanny resemblence to Don Ameche, had allegedly gotten drunk and threatened a police officer with a pistol) Third time, I was told to call and make sure they needed me before I showed up. They didn’t need me. That was about a year ago.

I’ve been eligible for 17 years now and called on once. As it turned out, I didn’t do a thing. We were given a number to phone each evening to see if you would be needed the next day. For five days a recorded message said I was not needed and to phone again tomorrow. On the last day I was told thanks, that’s you done with.

It’s a pity, work was boring at the time and a nice, jucy murder trial or something would have given me an interesting anecdote to call upon for the rest of my life.

I’ve lived in the same town, same house, for over 25 years. I vote every chance I get and have a driver’s license. Sigh. I’ve never been called. I have a friend who lives two houses away and she’s been call many times and served twice. Go figure.

They call on me all the time, too. (Registered voter in this state for 20 years, and driver’s license for 22.) The first time they called me was the day after I gave birth, and they were very nice when I explained by phone. They’ve since called me 6 times - that averages out to about once every two years, so I guess it’s not really “all the time” - but I am always disqualified.

I’m related by marriage to several lawyers and judges in the area, which usually gets me excused within two minutes. My husband, oddly, has never been called.

I’ve live here in Portland, Oregon since 1994 and I’ve been called four times - all by Multnomah County. You get two years off here too each time you serve - whcih means that they basically wait until the two years is up and sure enough, a new order to appear. Oddly, however, I have friends who have live here all their lives and have never once been called. Seems unbalanced to me.

Never once, however, have I ever made it past voir dire - every lawyer that discovers that I work in TV news decides that I’m not good impartial jury material. I think next time they call, I’m simply going to tell them my history and see if they still want me to come down.

I’ve lived in Idaho all my life and I have been a registered voter since I turned 18 and a licensed driver since I was 14 (before the law changed the minimum age to 16). Never been called once :knocks on wood: .

Put me in the “never been called” camp. I’d like to do it, though.

never been called, been eligible for 7 years.

I sometimes get jury duty notifications for the county, state, I used to live in. Then I get notified that I’m not eligible to serve, because I don’t live there. I only once had actual duty and the parties settled out of court. (We didn’t finish the selection process.)

Pepper Mill seems to get called all the time. She’s just been called again, and she’s pissed. It would mean lost school time, and no end of problems with MilliCal. Pepper figures she’s more than done her share.

I’ve been called three times, but two of those times were right after I’d left the state. The third time finally nailed me, so I went to the courthouse. But the case got dismissed before any of us potential jurors got out of the waiting room. So I went, but I still haven’t served.

Oops, the county I used to live is McLeod County, (/mc loud/) Minnesota. I almost served. I haven’t gotten a notification in Wisconsin.

Oops, the county I used to live is McLeod County, (/mc loud/) Minnesota. I almost served. In western Wisconsin I haven’t gotten notified.

I’ve been a registered voter in Washington State for 17 years and have never been called upon.

I vaguely recall that something besides being a registered voter enters into this in Washington. Home ownership, taxes, something…or maybe they just haven’t caught up to me.

I’m 55 and have been a reg. voter since I turned 21. I have been called twice, once in CA when I was about 25 and once in AZ in 1999. I got a release the first time. I requested a release or waiver the second time because I was in working in Ireland, but I was told I had to be there. I asked if they were going to reimburse me for a round-trip ticket from Belfast. I was a no show, and I haven’t heard from them since.