How often do you Shampoo your hair?

I’m an every other day-er, too. Unless I was exerting energy during the day, which is rare, or went out and had to get all dolled up, which is even more rare. My hair is short and over-processed and frizzy and horribly dry. If I washed it every day I’d be bald. I do run a bit of conditioner through it on the days I don’t wash it though, just to make it easier to brush.

I have medium length naturally curly hair. I have to wet it down everyday, to do my hair. I will wash it everyday in the summer, but only every 2 days in the winter. It gets too dried out if I do. Damn it is already frizzy!

oh, me? i usually wash it every other day, or if i forget maybe a bit longer.

I wash my hair every day. I have to use so much gels and sprays to make it go in the 'do I wear that when I sleep it all mats down on one side and on the other side it’s sticking out. Add that to the fact that I have oily hair.

When people ask me how often hair needs to be washed, I tell them as often as it’s needed. Everyone is different. Some need to do it every day and some don’t. It’s only bad if it doesn’t need to be washed every day and you do it.

I wash my hair every day. I try to remember to alternate baby shampoo with the regular stuff. I have to at least get my hair WET daily, because i have short hair that turns itself into a disheveled bird’s nest if I don’t, and usually once I’m in the shower I kind of automatically shampoo.

I used to be a good boy and wash my hair once a day. Then I discovered I didn’t get nearly as much breakage if I did so every other day.

If and/or when I get an SO that may change.

Every day. It gets nasty if I don’t. The only exception is when I know I’m going to be doing a lot of physical labor that day so taking a shower to get clean seems pointless.

Every other day in the spring through fall (it looks pretty natty by day #3, but day #2 looks no worse than on shampoo day). In the winter, I usually spend eight hours sanding down equipment and painting and stuff so I have to wash my hair daily. Even then, the water usually rinses out of it a strange orange-grey color so you can see why I wash daily.

I have to shampoo every day, or else two hours after the 24 hour period between shampoos, it’ll get nasty-oily-gross. I have peppermint shampoo to help remedy the oiliness problem.

This is a really Caucasian question, FWIW. Also a very American one.

I vary between every-other-day and every day. It looks better if I do it every day, but it gets dried out if I keep that routine up constantly.

I’m an every day washer too. If I don’t my head feels really heavy to me and I just don’t feel clean. The only time I sway is if I’m home on a Sunday and not going out or having company in, usually I’ll leave it and then sleep with a conditioner in over night.

Every day for me, except on the weekends if I’m not going out.

My hair gets oily if I don’t wash it every day. I also go to the gym every other day, and after my hair’s been in a sweaty ponytail, there’s no question of whether or not to wash it. In the winter, I can sometimes get away with going a day without washing, but it feels nasty, and I always worry that people are looking at me funny.

I also condition my hair every day, because I sometimes blowdry it straight (it’s naturally wavy).

If this is true, I might try it. I hate having to wash my hair every day.

I have to wash my every day. If I skip a day, on the second day my hair will be oily to the point of leaving dirt under my fingernails. Baglady always says my hair looks better on the second day but I hate the oily feeling so I wash my hair every time I shower (which is every day unless I oversleep).

Every other day, sometimes every three days. My hair becomes real dry and hard to style when I shampoo it every day. Also, I can’t seem to find a shampoo that doesn’t add body to my hair. I don’t want puffy hair, dammit!

I shaved my head a few years ago, and I don’t think I could ever stand having hair again, but I still shampoo my head every day. Just feels good.

My hair is about knee length, and I was it every other month, or whenever I get dirty enough, whichever comes first. Then I twist it into a tight bun and hide it under a hat. Don’t call me Veronica.

–Tim

I wash my hair every two or three days. If it’s yucky, I wear a hat. I think this is best - not the hat, but washing it this infrequently - because it allows natural oils to stay in. When I was in HS and going through that “my hair has to look perfectly every day” phase (and I never put it in a pony tail except to work), and as such washing it every day, it got very frizzy. It’s a lot healthier now.

Yer pal,
Satan

[sub]TIME ELAPSED SINCE I QUIT SMOKING:
Four months, six days, 1 hour, 20 minutes and 47 seconds.
5122 cigarettes not smoked, saving $640.28.
Life saved: 2 weeks, 3 days, 18 hours, 50 minutes.[/sub]

"Satan is not an unattractive person."-Drain Bead
[sub]Thanks for the ringing endorsement, honey!*[/sub]

I wash my hair every day (twice if I work out in the evening). It gets lanky and nasty otherwise. I’ve tried adjusting it to longer periods; it just doesn’t work for me.

For reference, my hair currently extends down between my shoulder blades. And yes, it takes a long time to dry–I usually just let it air-dry, then brush it later.

All of you every-other-day washers: do you shower daily? If so, do you let your hair get wet? I just can’t fathom this. I seriously know NO ONE that doesn’t wash their hair every day.

I coat mine with so much goop to tame it down, there’s no way I wouldn’t wash that out every morning. I think if you condition it properly every time, you can avoid dry and frizzy hair. Also, I find that I lose a lot of hair if I don’t wash it every day.