How the hell did Al Sharpton becomne the spokesman for the Negro in the US, usurping Jesse Jackson

Beyoncé doesn’t have to bother with the nasty competition of an election; she’s already Queen, and I don’t mean of just black people.

Stranger

He got old, like your schtick. Do you miss him? Don’t worry, the loud black man can’t scare you any more.

Being an entertainment figure doesn’t necessarily mean one lacks gravitas. This is especially true for the case of Lee who has spent the last three decades using art to provoke discussion on racial matters.

Lebron and Kaepernick are currently making a case for themselves outside of their entertainment fields with their social justice movements and Lebron’s new school. They are serious men who are making serious attempts to address the problems facing black people today. They’ve earned the right to call themselves spokespersons.
In re OP - Sharpton is a spokesperson because he is, and always has been, really good tv. Sometimes star quality gets mistaken for gravitas, if you don’t look at it closely.

But no pyramids built with geysers. That’s been done.

IT CAN WORK DAMMIT
(obligatory lower case text)

Oh good - a Negro Safe Space, here.

But not by stinky-footed yokels.

This sock keeps coming back, how sad is that? Move on with your life.

Don’t be shy - name and shame!

His other posts have been equally combative and jerkish: he revived a five-year-old thread in order to scold WordMan about his opinion regarding a Beatles book:

I’d say we should pit Lutz, but I’m not sure that he’s going to last long.

Largely irrelevant to anything, but I’ve noted from watching a few of the televised Congressional hearings that Tim Scott always comes across as one of the few people who is asking questions that are the sorts of questions one would ask if you were doing your job, rather than the sorts of questions you would ask to try and raise your profile on TV.

There’s not very many admirable Republicans these days, but Scott is one of them and I trust him when he says that he has stooped as low as necessary to try and work with President Trump to help African Americans.

I assumed it was Kanye.

If you think that’s an insulting thing to say, bear in mind that the spokesman for white Americans is Donald Trump, so, hey, everything is relative.

Hold the toil tough, not a fan of toil.

But that would have required the job to be spokesperson.

I know the Rev. Al and his family. I’m printing out this thread and giving it to them.

I’m not contributing to this thread.

Wait. I thought that I was their leader.

Maybe he’s actually Cliven Bundy.

Dennis Haysbert would make a good spokesman, what with that sonorous voice of his.

Dude. You think Sharpton is “their leader” simply because Fox tells you they have one, and it’s currently him. Can you think of a possible reason they might do that?

'Negro" … Wow, I can’t remember the last time I heard that word, outside of historical documentaries, that is.

When did the word “Negro” go out of style?