How to clear Yahoo "search" field?

I normally use Yahoo for surfing the net. I have often used the “Search the Web” item on the main page to look for things. The browser seems to remember the entries and when I click on the “Search the Web” the next time and try to enter something new, a drop down window pops up showing the items I had entered earlier. The list has grown pretty long by this time.

I have sometimes searched for stuff that I wouldn’t want others to know. So, is there a way to make the page forget my past entries and let me start with a clean slate everytime instead of trying to be helpful by being suggestive. I have tried emptying the “history” and Temp folder. That didn’t help.

Thanks in advance.

IF you go to to Tools - Internet Options - Content - AutoComplete, you can clear all the entries there.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by using Yahoo - I take it you’re using the Yahoo browser that comes with SBC Yahoo DSL? I can’t remember what the process for that is, but I think it’s very similar to the one listed above (which is for Internet Explorer).

Also, if you’re using IE, you can remove specific entries from that list by using the arrow keys to highlight one, and then just hitting delete. That way you can still get the benefit of the feature, but nobody has to know about your pokemon habit.

Thanks ntucker. That delete thing worked.

Is there some way to turn the whole thing off?

Thanks again.

SDMB is great!!!

Sure, just go to the AutoComplete options screen that TellMeI’mNotCrazy mentioned and uncheck “Forms” in the “Use AutoComplete for…” section.