How to get rid of a song that's stuck in your head!

Then I just end up with the hook for “Ana Ng” on an endless loop in my head. :slight_smile:

I like how whoever posted that video managed to spell the title incorrectly, even though it’s spelled correctly in the subtitles of the very same video.

Each is arguably a case where the cure is worse than the disease.

Oh yeah?

Is it better or worse than:

drumroll…
*Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl
With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there
She would merengue and do the cha-cha
And while she tried to be a star, Tony always tended bar
Across a crowded floor, they worked from 8 till 4
They were young and they had each other
Who could ask for more?

At the Copa (CO!), Copacabana (Copacabana)
The hottest spot north of Havana (here)
At the Copa (CO!), Copacabana
Music and passion were always the fashion
At the Copa…they fell in love

(Copa Copacabana)

(Copa Copacabana)

I rest my case. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’ll try using this next time a song gets stuck in my head.

I had to use the Spiderman song yesterday. I bought a cute little set of patio lanterns. Guess which song started looping in my head…

Um. 99 Red Balloons?

I give. What song?

Ah! Amazon Floozy Goddess, how much do you like me? Cause…I’ve got more posts than you. How do you like me now?

Yes, it’s the most minor of victories and just shows how much I post. I need a life. Harumph. Oh well, just call me “The King” :smiley:

You’re whooshing me, right?

Oh yeah! I love that song. “You’re Wooshing Me, Right?” was on every mixtape I made back in the 1980s.

Oh yeah, THAT song!

*You’re Whooshing Me, Right?
Tryin’ to have me misled,
Attemptin’ to put one over my head

You’re Whooshing Me Right?
I feel the need to verify
To make sure you don’t lie*

headbangs

Who sung that? Was it Human League or KISS? I can never remember.

It was Foghat, if I remember correctly.

:dubious: Nah, had to be Foreigner.

Some months ago, I was telling my daughter about the Gilligan’s Island theme so that she’d understand an MST3K, The Movie joke. She liked the song, and one day as we were driving home from church, she asked me to sing it. So, I was singing it when I pulled up to a red light right next to my sister’s minivan. I rolled down my window, and since she thought I had something important to tell her, she rolled hers down, and I sang loudly, “A three hour tour! A three hour tour!” at which point the light changed, I rolled up my window, and sped on. Sis was left thinking, “What the…? What was that all about?”

I got a phone call later when we all got home–the second I picked up, I heard my sister’s laughing voice: “I’m going to BEAT you!” As she’d sat there puzzling about why I’d pulled up and sung to her, she found herself singing. About two minutes later, she was singing, “A three hour tour! A three hour t…that BITCH!!” She KNEW I’d done that deliberately (of course I had)–we both had a massive fit of giggles over it.

She knows there are always opportunities for payback, though–earworms find a home far too easily with me!

Who is gonna be… who will be the first to kiss?

Might not be obvious outside of Canada

I’m not sure what you’re talking about, but I thought of the Coupling episode about snogging to the Spider-Man sound track.

The song has to be “Pig and Elephant DNA Just Won’t Splice”.

That was SO Loverboy.