How to get rid of a song that's stuck in your head!

Someone told me about this and it really works. The next time you get a song stuck in your head, sing the Spiderman theme song to yourself. Repeat once or twice if necessary. I don’t know how, but the Spiderman theme is a song eraser. And you won’t get the theme itself stuck in your head. You can thank me by buying me coffee. :smiley:

Spiderman has a theme song?

Great. Thanks for the advice.

By the way, you couldn’t be more wrong. Now I have that song stuck in my head in that shrilly, stereotypical chinese voice like the one the woman had that sang it in the movie.

How much arsenic do you take in your coffee, one teaspoon or two?

Spiderman, spiderman, does whatever a spider can!

I don’t have sound on my computer. (I really should get those speakers hooked up.)
Do you think the theme from Batman would work?

I know the Australian National Anthem works for me.

None! Ha!

There’s always Mark Twain’s cure, ala Punch, Brothers, Punch!

(You have to scroll down past an ad to find the story!)

Spiderman is actually one of the easiest songs for me to get stuck in my head, along with the theme from I Dream of Jeannie.

Over the years, I’ve found the best way to get rid of a song is to give it to someone else. :smiley:

I’ve always used It’s a Small World, myself. I’ve heard it so many times that it doesn’t stick for very long, but it does erase whatever song I had stuck before. When I suggest it to other people, though, I usually have to duck flying crockery.

A malicious cow-orker just planted the “Hippopotomus for Christmas” song in the whole team by referring to it in an e-mail. After the requisite punches to the arm he endured, I counter attacked with “Puff the Magic Dragon”

Not to be outdone, he attempted to download an MP3 of “Hippopotomus” Strangely one file named “hippo.wmv” was actually an excerpt from the Scherzo movement of Beethoven’s 9th. I found listening to this to be a surprisingly effective eraser!

Until he wandered by my cube singing, “Oompa, loompa, doop-a-dee doo!”

Grrrrrr!

I bet if you stabbed him with a pair of scissors, your other coworkers would gladly help you hide the body! :smiley:

Damn you, Draelin!!

Doooo doot! Doot doo da doo doot, doooo doot! Doot doo da doo doot, doooo doot! Doot doo da doo doot, doooo doot! Kill me. Doot doo da doo doot, doooo doot! Doot doo da doo doot, doooo doot! Doot doo da doo doot, doooo doot! Doot doo da doo doot, doooo doot! Please! Just fucking kill me already! Da doot doot dooo!

I expected this to be a question of how to do it and I was going to suggest humming ‘It’s A Small World’.

:smiley: I used to call an old coworker, sing the first six notes and nothing more, and hang up. He’d usually show up at my desk looking murderous about half an hour later.

Whenever a co-worker complains about our Muzac in the store, I start singing, very nasally and whiny and at the top of my lungs, “It’s a Small World After All”. I get thwapped usually, and sometimes pinged with rubber bands, but it does seem to work. :slight_smile:

Hal Briston, I am gonna cry I am laughing so hard. How long did it take you to phonetically get the Jeannie song typed? And I don’t remember it having lyrics…

But thanks, now it’s stuck in there. Maybe I can replace it with the circus song that I memorized while on hold with the IRS for three frickin’ hours. Sadists.

dee dee deedle deedle de de de de
dee dee deedle deedle de de de de
de diddle diddle diddle
de diddle diddle diddle
diiiiiiidle dee

What a coincidence you started this thread at this time.

I had always heard about the Ren & Stimpy Happy Happy Joy Joy number, but I’d never seen or heard it. Earlier today, I watched it on youtube.com for the very first time ever, and now I CAN’T GET THAT FRICKIN’ DITTY OUT OF MY HEAD! I’m starting to look like Ren in the film clip!

Help me.

Mahna mahna (do doo, de doo doo)
Mahna mahna (do doo, de do)

If that works, it’s brilliant. I’ll have to try it next time I get a song stuck in my head. Ontario may be a bit far to go to buy you coffee, but in this case it would be worth it – I get songs stuck in my head for days.