How to subscribe

No, you may well be correct, that any resubscription that takes the user past 24 months is going to bounce.

The “resubscribe for up to 2 years” was in the wake of Charter Membership where the expiration date was on the same day for everybody. Now that we have members scattered through the calendar like autumn leaves, it’s a bit more complicated timewise.

For those of you who are Charter Members and have that April 28 cutoff, if you want to subscribe for an additional year I’d suggest you check back after the April 28 cutoff.

For the rest of you who are not Charter Members, you can resubscribe any time you like within the same limits.

Is the link to PayPal on the Paid Subscriptions page not working and do I need to do the link that is listed in this thread?
Everything seems to go through, I get to the PayPal confirmation page, but I don’t think I’m actually being charged. (No email from PayPal saying I’ve paid, and my subscription still looks like it ends on Friday.)

April 28, 2007, amarinth. You’re good to go.

I just re-upped and it told me it was successful, but (and I know this is a strange complaint) it almost went TOO fast. Seriously how can you process a credit card payment within one second? If it went through (and it told me it did) thats fantastic work by the hampsters - but honestly it went so fast I’m nervous that it did not truly work. From my experience with web transactions nothing ever works that fast. Am I wrong to be suspicious?

Click on the Subscribe Link. It will show your new expiration date.
Under the strange heading of Expiry Date.

post-resubscribe test post, ignore.

apart from cc/ PayPal?

I’ve been lurking, and would like to unlurk with a paid subscription. You seem like good people.

It may sound dumb, but neither cc nor PayPal are an option for me. Is there some address that I could send a real, physical 20$ bill to? SDMB could keep the change.

We cannot accept anything but credit cards or PayPal; any other money gathering situation iis actually quite expensive. The cost of hiring someone to open mail, etc., outweighs any revenue that might be derived from being open for business in that way.

Perhaps one of the Teeming Millions can help you. I sure hope so.

Thank you.

Either I will find a way to work it out, or just continue to lurk to the end of my days.