How would you define systemic discrimination?

Since most are just speaking in generalities, I’ll add some concrete things.
Grades: I taught high school years ago. Another teacher gave better grades to white students than to black students for essentially the same work. Two white students and three black students had essentially the same results and work handed in. The two white students got a B, the three black students got a D. Because of this, I always posted everybody’s entire set of grades (blinded by using a student ID). Then everyone could see that they were being judged the same.
Jobs: I’ve read that many groups will look for reasons to not hire minorities while looking for reasons to hire white males. It is of the sort “candidate black doesn’t have experience in this specific software package.” It doesn’t matter that the white candidate also has no experience in that package, since the white candidate has extensive experience in something else.
Sports: It has gotten better, but in the old days white and black athletes were judged differently. The announcers would describe the skills of a black athlete as “natural ability” and “something you can’t teach.” The white athlete would have skills described as “a result of hard work” or “intelligence.”

I don’t think that’s systemic racism. That’s racism on the part of one individual giving unfair grades.

Systemic racism in education is more like when available extra credit assignments require parental involvement, or access to one’s own vehicle, or reliable internet at home, all of which are easier for (on average) richer whiter students than poorer black ones to take advantage of.

Like, a civics extra credit assignment of going to a local city council meeting and writing a report on the results isn’t on its face racist, and is actually a great civics lesson! But the poor black kid who has to take the bus home right after school to help watch her younger siblings and make dinner until her parents who both work long hours get home is going to have a much harder time doing it than the rich white kid with her own car and minimal after-school responsibilities.

I found this article interesting, because it illustrates a significant difference between Canadian and US discrimination law:

US law appears to treat allegations of discrimination under a criminal/mens rea approach. Proof of intent can be very difficult to prove.

Canadian law treats allegations of discrimination on a civil standard, similar to negligence. Intent can be a factor, but the real issue is what impact the alleged discriminatory conduct had on the individual bringing the complaint. Did the conduct have the effect of denying services based on a prohibited ground? If so, an allegation of discrimination will likely be made out.