HPV path of infection

Can an HPV infection transmitted via oral intercourse lead to cervical infection and dysplasia?

I know viruses are tricky.

I’ve done google research & have a good overall sense of the variety of ways that HPV is spread, but I’m specifically trying to answer the question of infectious path within the body. I did find one cite stating that cervical infection does not lead to oral infection, but the source is not entirely reliable. Thanks in advance.

HPV infects similar membrane tissue (membranes with glands ? ) such as cervix, vagina, penis and throat… and anus…
It may cause warts in these areas, but the lack of warts doesn’t mean that there isn’t HPV to pick up there.

Some of the strains cause cancer .

See

You can get it from going down on a female (cunnilingus) and or fellatio.
Or anal sex, and its even possible even when using a condom.

And now an epidemic of throat cancer due HPV:

The short answer appears to be no.

“HPV infection is highly localized to squamous epithelial sites, without significant systemic manifestations.”

http://journals.asm.org/doi/10.1128/CDLI.8.2.209-220.2001

I haven’t heard of cases in which blood or lymphatic-borne spread of HPV to distant mucosal sites was demonstrated. There however could be instances in which sexual contact, for example, spreads infectious virions from one mucosal site in the body to another.

Yes. Oral sex exposure to genital or anal HPV may result in throat cancers. The question I think is if HPV harbored in the throat can/does transmit to genitalia or anus. Or is it located in a location that makes transmission in that direction improbable?

And since it can spread oral to oral then oral to GU or anal seems possible too.

Ithonk the OP is asking if it can spread that way without an intermediary. Like, if I have never had vaginal intercourse but i have HPV in my throat, could it spread to my cervix through my blood?

I think the answer is no.

If then agree with you and Jackmanni.