HTC Wizard/Cingular 8125 displaying text message content

My newest smartphone, the HTC Wizard (or Cingular 8125) has an annoying text-receiving habit. It will notify me that I have received a message, and then proceed to display the entire content of the message at the bottom of the alert. I’ve fooled around with the texting options, and I can’t find anywhere that allows me to hide the content of the message.

I’ve applied a password setting to the phone, so that it can buzz and notify me but not show the home screen until the pin is entered, but the problem arises if someone is already using my phone for some reason, I don’t want them to be able to see the message without my knowledge.

I’ve been googling various phrases and looking at some message boards, and I can’t even seem to find an application that I can install that will change this.

Help?

AFAIK, this is a “feature” of Windows Mobile (I assume you have either 5.0 or 6.0?) I don’t mind it, cause I don’t loan out my phone, but I can see why it would be annoying and whatnot. But if you try searching forums and websites related to WM5/WM6, and not just the HTC wizard, you might get more luck in finding a solution.

Yeah, I’ve done that too. It’s a stupid feature, and I hate it. I’ve never found a situation where it would be convenient, and I can’t find anywhere in any of the WM forums that a) indicate anybody else is bothered by it to the extent that I am, or b) that there is any solution to it.

I’ve gotten some good tips on the att/cingular support boards for this phone. Don’t know if you have to be an att subscriber to post but you might find something with just a search.

When you find the secret repository of information about the 8125 see if it’s got instructions on how to shut off the “vibrate for an absurdly long time (using lots of power, naturally) every few minutes in order to tell me that my battery is low” feature. :slight_smile:

Well, as I’ve said, I have scoured the WM boards to no avail. And, ntucker, I keep mine on the “on” setting but with both bars all the way at the bottom. It vibrates quickly, and doesn’t last for 5 seconds.