Hybrid Olympic events we'd like to see

whoops…I misread that. I thought you said volley-bras. My mind is still reeling from the images. Teams of large breasted women slapping each other’s titties.

Oh well, back to the marathon shot put. How many shots of tequila can I put away in a day? :wink:

whoops…I misread that. I thought you said volley-bras. My mind is still reeling from the images. Teams of large breasted women slapping each other’s titties.

Oh well, back to the marathon shot put. How many shots of tequila can I put away in a day? :wink:

hmmm, am I seeing double already? Not good. Although, I guess that would depend on what sport your in. Double tag team volley-bra anyone? :smiley:

Not a hybrid, but a way to set new records:

In the relay race, change the baton to a lit stick of dynamite. That last guy is gonna run like a sonuvabitch!

Saggitarius!!

How about a bunch of Astrology-themed events?

Aries: Ram wrestling
Taurus: Bull wrestling
Geminii: Any synchronized sport, but contestants must be actual twins
Cancer: Live crab toss
Leo: Lion wrestling
Virgo: ummmmmmmmm…virgin wrestling? I didn’t really think this through before I started…maybe it could be a room-cleaning contest?
Libra: I see a combo of weightlifting and balance beam
Scorpio: Live scorpion toss
Capricorn: Goat felching (Oh no did I say that out loud?)
Aquarius: I see a 50m dash while carrying a 1-gallon jug of water in each hand
Pisces: I see a contest where several live fish are released in the pool. The person who catches the most fish with their bare hands is the winner

:dubious:

Sumo diving.

Score points for pushing your opponent off the platform, and have some deducted if he turns the fall into a dive graceful enough to impress the judges.

You mean split personalities don’t count?
Dang! And we thought we had that one in the bag. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

How about skeet surfing?
Like in Top Secret.

If you ever go surfing on skeet, puh-lease keep it Top Secret!
:eek:

Trampoline judo.
White water yachting.
Tae Kwon Do on ice with ice scates.

Javelin Relay: throw the Javelin to your teammates and cross the line first!

Or the slightly less dangerous Javelin Dash: Throw your spear, run over to it, repeat. Available in 500m, 1k, and Marathon.

Pole Vaulting Hurdles: Just like regular hurdles, but taller.

Bungee Judo: Competitors are attached to a bungee cord that allows unrestricted movement in the ring. An attempt to throw your opponent outside the field will cause them to come rocketing back into the playing area.

Piranha fish.

Or they have to catch the ordinary fish in the mouths.
Skeet surfing :stuck_out_tongue:

Bronc-sledding- simpy push a bull with a rider down a bobsled run. The rider has to stay aboard.

Skeet-jumping- Skeet shooters try to hit ski jumpers. Their handicap is that they are firing blind from directly under the bottom edge of the jump, and the audience must help them time their shots.

Ice track and field – events exactly the same except all horizontal surfaces are covered with 4 inches of ice, Including landing pits, mats and bars.

Uneven Parallel Dressage- riders must compete standing on the backs of two horses of unequal height.

The Dismount- this is conceived of as all gynastic dismounts combined in the same competition. The winner is the one who can jump onto a standard gym mat from the highest point and walk away on no more than two limbs (any two).

During the 2000 Olympics, when Synchronized Swimming and Synchronized Diving were added as medal sports, The Onion had an infographic where they mentioned synchronized weightlifting.

I like the Fox Sports Net commercials where they made up fake foreign sports like two sumo wrestlers glaring at each other and then the referee suddenly lifting up the arm of the “winner.” Or the guy high-diving into a sand pit.

Extra points if you fall over dead after crossing the finish line.

Oh! The upperclass twit of the year !

Ay, ay, ay! This comes up every Olympics, Winter or Summer, and this is at least the second time it’s been brought up on these boards during these Games. So let’s review:

The winter biathlon is based on a standard military exercise for winter conditions. Far from making no sense, it still has an obvious practical application. Cross-country skiing is the most efficient way to get around in snowy terrain. Rifle shooting under pressure is something every infantry soldier needs to know. Any more questions?

And that’s not even discussing physically fit members of the appropriate sex in all-over skin-tight uniforms. What’s not to like?

Men’s beach volley-hurdles. In thongs, if you please.

And shouldn’t there be some event where athletes have to balance a hardback copy of *Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix * on their heads?

High bar diving. Put the bar ten meters over the pool and make competitors minimize splash instead of stick the landings.