I am going to p!ss off 319 million Americans...

So if I travel to Vegas, spend thousands of dollars and win something I should be paid in White Castle hamburgers as I am not a citizen??? Whatever!!

They don’t sell to people in other countries. There are some places that claim they’ll take your money online and buy a ticket for you, but they’re not sanctioned by the lotteries.

There are lots of foreigners in the country right now, though, with access to our gas stations.

Come down shortly before sales close on Wednesday night, buy the ticket, then wait around till after the drawing.

If you won, then get a room until the state lottery office (or wherever you claim winnings) opens.

If you’ve already bought a ticket and taken it home, then I don’t know what you can do.

Maybe the penalty is a fine. If so I’m guessing that it’s much less than 1.5 billion.

I’m buying mine tonight! Wanna go halvies in a boomerang business?

:smiley:

True enough. I’m close enough to the US border that I could run down and buy a ticket in the US. I’m not going to–I’ll make do with our $5M+ prizes up here. :smiley: (I’m actually not sure what I’d do with US$1.5B, even after taxes.)

Sounds like someone up thread might be able to hook us up with some sticks. We’ll just need a bending machine, and we can turn that billion into some serious money.

I hope no Aussies used the link kindly provided in the media. I assume that Lottoland is either owned by, or paying kick backs to the people touting it. They can certainly afford to charging $14 per ticket.

Arguably, it’s not a lottery ticket after the lottery has been won. And for that amount of money, you might be able to find someone to argue it for you.

It appears to me that posting that URL is illegal in most parts of Australia. Also, (not my legal opinion) it appears that payment would be unenforceable. At least, I don’t see any evidence of Aus licensing.