I am in Hillbilly Hell on Election Day.

Requirements to get on the congressional ballot

From here.Point is, it’s too late, and therefore not presently within the OP’s control.

Hey, these are conservative women with family values. They shouldn’t be judged on looks. They should be judged on how well they make a sandwich, mop the floor, and crap out white babies.

Hm… I’m not sure how to properly evaluate their sandwich- or baby-making skills.

Maybe who has the fatter husband and/or more children?

I am a State Employee, and ineligible under Tennessee’s Little Hatch Act.

Is it worth mentioning that I was kidding? It’s waaaay too late (and too expensive) to try to jump into a race, even if you would otherwise be eligible.

Ooh! The Ray Bradbury Solution. :cool:

Vote for the TeaPartier. The Republican Party needs to be destroyed, and termites in the floorboards, sugar in the gas tank, and ball bearings in the carburetor might just be the way to go.

Yes, because insane and suicidal is a better choice over misguided and deceptive.

Not to mention that I’m fairly certain that one needs to know how to apply for a car loan before their 40th birthday to be eligible. Or at least it should be.

If your goal is destruction of the Republican Party (and that should be the goal for all right-thinking Americans), yes, it is.

I bet that said law could not possible stand constitutional muster (not that I know anything much about the US consitution) - if needs be just run under a different name, anyway.

Next time try it, why not! It’ll take you a few minutes to get the 25 sigs, then you can have the life of riley!

What chance would one have, do you think?

Maybe you won’t have to worry because there’s not going to be any elections in November.

Sorry, kaylasdad99, you don’t destroy the Republican party by electing their craziest members to public office. I’m all in favor of having the crazies win their primaries so moderate Democrats can kick their asses in the general. But in this case, the winner cruises right into office.

Pick the least crazy, or don’t vote at all.

Beware. If I recall my history, wasn’t there thinking along those lines in Weimar in 1932? Something like, no people in their right minds would elect those nuts?

When confronted with such situations the Tea Party playbook mentions a ‘second amendment solution’, whatever that is. Obviously what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. :smiley:

Not much.

But it’s Zelenik that scares the hell out of me.

If she gets in, arson & bloodshed against the local Muslims could hap[pen.

Hell, it has happened!
I mean it could get worse.

Do the locals really believe that all Muslims are terrorists and that no mosques should ever be built anywhere in the US?

When I’m stuck as to who to vote for (usually some party un-affiliated thing (Second Assistant Fruit Stand Inspector At Large))) I always choose the candidate with the hardest to pronounce last name … make them suffer a little bit down a city hall.

Not everyone is a Republican in TN… (link is to NY Daily News website).