I am trying to register my mom but...

it keeps coming up as I am already registered. How do I log out so she can register??

Go back to the main page (you can do that by clicking on the “Straight Dope Message Board” Link above.

On the lower right hand side of the screen will be a small link that says “log out.”

Zev Steinhardt

Bottom right, main message board page. Or, just try: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/member.php?action=clearcookies

On the main message board page, there’s a link down in the bottom-right corner that says “Log Out”.

Once you get her registered, by the way, you’ll want to be sure that both of you log out each time you’re done, or you might have some embarassing mishaps with one or the other of you posting under the wrong name. One way to speed this process up is to bookmark the page in the “logout” link; another solution promoted by the inestimable DrMatrix is to set up separate Netscape profiles for you and her, if you’re using Communicator.

I’d be so selfconsious. For one thing, she’ll see what kind of speller you REALLY are :wink: