I am world famous thanks to Derleth and the Dope.

Good on ya, Boychik!! We’re so proud of you!

wipes away tear of joy

And ya know, you don’t have to be a star, baby, to be in our show.

So far it’s not an issue, and I don’t expect it to be. But I did email Scott Rice, the creator of the contest, that my intent was to decline on-camera interviews and requests for photos. I’m not to happy with my personal appearance anyway, and I have no interest in having total strangers walk up to me in the street and introduce themselves.

So he tells me this story of being in line at a grocery store with the woman ahead of him looking at his picture in People magazine. She never made the connection that he was standing right next to her. He said some variety of that has happened several times. In 25 years of running this contest, and having his face in the media just about every year, he could count on one hand the number of times a stranger had recognized him on the street.

But it’s already happened to me twice – with a woman coming into my workplace, and with a Taco Bell cashier. They both recognized me from a local TV interview a couple of days ago.

There’s a pic of me in the Chicago Tribune that looks like I’m transitioning between werewolf and human – can’t really tell which direction. Ether way it also looks like I’m hiding in the shadows waiting to leap out and devour children.

It has a very Douglas Adam-ish quality.

Congrats! (no smooches)

And your OP has inspired me to give it a shot next year. :slight_smile:

Yes, I am big on the absurd. I travel with a towel and an ex-parrot.

He will probably feel that revealing his online identity will reduce his effectiveness. But I will give him the secret handshake and see what happens.

I entered this year, and clearly did not win.

But… I thinks it’s great to hang around with someone who did!

Your sentence was terrible- way worse than mine- and I mean that in the best possible way!!!

They might not let you bring the squid and the goat and the straw into the studio…

Maybe just say Gotcha Ya! and see how he reacts.

Secret HANDSHAKE? There’s a secret handshake? Damn! I knew it!
Good on ya and much congrats.

NO, NO, I misspoke. There is ABSOLUTELY NO SECRET HANDSHAKE! Nor is there a secret penis or clitoris tattoo.

He replied to me! He replied to me! Squeeeee!!
:: swoon ::
THUD

Maybe I’ll enter next year’s contest. I write computer manuals–how hard can it be?

[sub]And that is the only time you’ll see me squee here. Ever.[/sub]

Mac’s hard drive spun with anticipation and his RAM throbbed when he thought about Winnie’s expansion port as he whispered to her, “Let’s interface.”

Well done, Boyo Jim! I’ve always been tempted to enter, but never went so far as to actually do it. Maybe next year… Anyway, again, well done and congratulations!

I do believe my computer is blushing.

Congratulations! It’s always great to see a local boy make really, really bad!

Wow - that is bad. :smiley:

I think I can write a bad opening line, but I’m pretty sure it will just be bad, not exquisitely bad. Mucho congratulations, Boyo.

(Try “The squid flies at midnight” on him. I think that’s the latest codephrase.)

Congrats Boyo Jim! That sentence was truly awful! :smiley:

Outstanding. Do you get money?

That’s too cool, man! Grats!!

Also, outside of Admins and SDSAB folks, you’re is the first custom title I’ve seen.

How did you get it? Was it just bestowed upon you?

Fantastic sentence, btw. Well done.

Sort of.

Congratulations! It takes true imagination to come up with that kind of “interesting” opening line. I "whoo"d for you out loud and startled the dog.

I can’t be witty, or so un-witty I’m witty, for that matter, so I will just say… heartfelt congrats.