I bought small chargeable lamps. Have an issue

These are small, but bright. Wall mounted. (3 pack).

The thing on the wall has a magnetic ball joint. Easy to take off and put right back on. Charge quickly. Hold the charge pretty good.

Problem is turning off and on. It’s a tap on and tap off. They say.

I find I have to draw a circle, on the flat surface of the thing, with my finger, clockwise to turn on. If you draw the circle twice it gets brighter. To turn off, well, here’s where I have problem. You’d think tapping on the flat surface would turn it off

But, noooooo. Nothing happens. So I’ve tried drawing the circle clockwise numerous times. Eventually you go thru the levels of brightness. I thought for sure there would be an off spot.

But, noooooo. Never gets to the off spot.

I tried drawing that circle counter clock-wise. No love.

I’m really not sure how it goes off. I just keep tapping and drawing the circle.

Last night I had to take it down and throw it in a drawer. It was off this morning until I picked it up. On! Bright.

I got it lowered and stuck it back on the wall thingy. It finally lost its charge and is off.

I wanna charge it, it’s a nice reading light. And I have it in just the right place, over my shoulder.

I’ve scoured the paper work. It only says tap on, tap off. I have half a mind to send it back. The wall thing is attached with screws. I’ll never find another that will go in this spot. Properly.

Can these kinda things have a short? Or is it my electronic allergy that has lifted its ugly head?

(All 3 lamps have the same problem)

Let us know the name of the product and the manufacturer, we’ll probably be able to figure it out together.

In the meantime, try licking the tip of your finger then touch it to the on/off spot.

If you’re in the habit of chatting with ChatGPT or Claude, try giving it the specific product information and asking. It can be amazingly helpful, although if these devices are uncommon there may not be a lot of information available.

Brand SyncGlow

Wall mounted battery operated wall lights.

Amazon. $15.99

I don’t talk to ChatGtp or Claude.

I licked my finger Burpo…nothing changed. Should I kiss it now​:grin:

Is this the product? The review video on this Amazon page says that to turn it off you touch it and keep holding it until the light goes off.

No. Not that fancy.

Small, black. Pack of 3

Those are cute. I like them.

Well, different lamps made by the same company might contain the same or similar electronics. Does the light turn off if you touch and hold?

Let me try that. Be right back.

ETA…no it does not.

I think I found them. There is a spot on the back labeled “on/off” that I guess you just touch to make it work.

I’m looking.

ETA..omg it’s right there. For all to see. Except, me. I guess.

You fixed my issue. Works Everytime. Thanks.

Except I was enjoying drawing the circle with my finger. I may kiss it anyways. Thanks again, Burpo.

Yay!!!

I tried to send you a pic and the URL, but no luck. If you touch the spot and hold it for three seconds, the lighting changes “color.” There’s also a brightness function.

You my hero!!

These things are cooler than I thought. The instructions failed to mention all this or I’m missing part of them.

The light changing is very subtle. But nice. The softer version should be easier on the eye.

All in a day’s work!

My first girlfriend’s family had a couple lamps that touched on/off and brightness. They were brass. Every morning they’d come out and find both lamps on. We figured the dog came through during the night and touched his wet nose to the base, the lamp flashed on and scared him away. Repeat next night.

Glad to have been of some assistance, Beck.

A friend of mine sent me a Chinese gizmo with three buttons. No instructions. Can’t seem to figure out how to make it do what it’s supposed to do, but can get it to work sometimes randomly by dumb luck.

Heh, bet the person was eating before touching the lamp, and a scintilla of scent stuck to the lamp. Doggo was attracted by the scent and then startled by “no food” and “bright light.”

Speaking of dogs and lamps.

Bayliss, who uses speech buttons has figured out the floor lamp has a press on button.on the floor. Similiar, in feel to his speech buttons. You press again to turn off.

I have to unplug it or he’s plays tricks on me. If I see him milling around it I tell him “no press”. So he just waits til I’m asleep to do it. And then licks my face, thereby assuring I’m really awake. To his delight.

I guess I should teach him to press it again on demand. But unplugging was easier. At the times it happened.

Bayliss: [press] Ha! [press] Ha! [press] Beck! [press] I [press] poop [press] in [press] shoes!

Are you listening in to our conversations? That’s uncanny.