I bought Whitey Ford Sings the Blues -

and I like it!

I’m a pushin’ 50 old white broad, but I’ve heard What It’s Like (the bleeped version, dammit) several times, so I bought the CD.

Everlast rocks!

I love the title song. I have it on my PC at work and at home. I like the rest of the album not as much, but I still enjoy it.

I just realized this should be in Cafe Society - could a kindly mod move it for me, please?

Moved at request of OP.

Bumping an old thread …

Whitey Ford just passed at age 91. He was the greatest starter in Yankees History and most World Series Wins ever.
The other “Chairman of the Board” has passed. Pretty much the last great Yankee of that era. Damn.

I saw him at many an Old Timers Game but never saw him pitch, he was before my time. A very colorful character too, a true Lefty.

I only knew Whitey Ford from his appearance in a Simpsons sketch wherein he is knocked unconscious by a barrage of pretzels.

Interesting to learn he was regarded as such an amazing player.

I guess Death came callin’

I didn’t remember this original thread and not being a huge baseball fan don’t really know Whitey Ford from, well, the guy I actually thought about when I saw the title.

Now I’m wondering if the other one could sing (to someone other than the FBI of course) :smile:.

Very nice bump! RIP, Whitey.