I can hear the county chopper overhead.

We don’t always lock our doors, having a Welcoming Committee that does not approve of strangers.

The odds are against the bad guy coming in.

I’m going to bed. Expect to see you tomorrow.

It’s how odds work.

I’m not sure what this is all about, but I wanted to say that there’s a good thread title/username combo right there.

Guessing at translation I would say

I can hear the county chopper overhead.
(It seems as how the police are in some form of pursuit in my neighborhood/area)

We don’t always lock our doors, having a Welcoming Committee that does not approve of strangers.
(We leave our doors unlocked because it cuts down on buying dog chow for our doberman/akita)

The odds are against the bad guy coming in.
(Said doberman/akita sometimes barks as people approach)

I’m going to bed. Expect to see you tomorrow.
(I feel safe and sound as always)

It’s how odds work.
(I’m a fatalist)

Perhaps the OP is a neighbor of Mr. Pettimore? I’ve heard that visiting his locale is contra-indicated.

Holy shit, is that a Copperhead Road reference? Cool.

(You know, I had that song running through my head off and on the entire time the second season of Justified was airing.)

Precisely, except the Welcoming Committee is a Corgidor (Corgi/Lab) and two Weshies (West Highland Terrier/Shi Tzu), totaling about a half of an Akita. But a very loud half. And nobody told the Weshies they only weigh15 pounds 'cuz they’re mean.

A Corgidor? I’d love to see a picture of him…

I find it difficult to believe anything crossed with a labrador could distress anything but a very highly strung cat. Or a kong.

The breeds are so unrelated that a cross just gives you a Generic Dog. We call him Black Martha because he looks like Martha on “Martha Speaks” except he’s black and white instead of yellow and white. Primarily black; white bib, tail tip, and mittens; “musty muzzle” in that it’s going white as he ages. Go to any park and you’ll see three of him, all from different crosses.

Okay, this is a good excuse to tell my law chopper story.

A coworker of mine ended up evading the law and the local chopper one night (IMO he had good reason to do so, but thats not really important to the story).

So, anyways he is fleeing in his car and they are chasing in the chopper with the light. He manages to get out of the light but the chances of him escaping the area are very very low. He remembers that coworker Bob lives nearby and has a carport. He runs his car up under the carport and lays low. The chopper is scanning all over the place. Many hours later he slinks out and escapes.

The next morning, he comes in a tells me all this, making me promise not to tell a soul. Then, shortly afterwards Bob comes in and excitedly tells us about all the commotion in his neighborhood that night :slight_smile:

Obviously Bob never looked out at his carport.

Oh.

I thought this thread was about the County Executioner.

A few years ago, after the county bought it, they would use it on any excuse. It got that if I was out walking I wouldn’t even look up, but would casually wave.

No wonder my property taxes are so high.

You can’t drop this bomb and then not tell us the whole story :smiley: