I can never find my car...in dreams.

I have recurring dream that I can’t find my car in a parking lot. Different parking lot every time. Within the dream, my dream-self thinks this is reality and hopes this isn’t going to be like my dream where I can’t find my car.

My theory is that this is because my subconscious mind can’t paint an accurate image of what my car looks like. But I dream many other cars are there, just not mine.

Okay, not exactly “Inception”, but there you go.

I had a dream like that a month or so ago. I’d parked on the street near the office (instead of the lot I use). Once at the door, I realised I’d forgotten to pay at the meter. So I headed back before I got a ticket. Only there was something else I had to do first. I kept stressing that I would not get back to the car in time; and the more I looked for the car (apparently my side-mission was forgotten), the more the streets looked like the French QUarter in New Orleans. Never did find the damned car.

I had these dreams for the first couple of years after I bought my Camry. It was always getting stolen or misplaced or in a different parking lot. It was very stressful.

I don’t have a car at present, and I have dreams like these. It’s never where I thought I parked it. In other dreams I start out with a car, but it gets smaller as the dream progresses until I’m riding a broken hand scooter.

In a related topic about dreams, sometines I have the ability to hover just off the ground and glide to my destination. It feels natural to me. I just step off the ground and go.

I have dreams about driving where the road starts out as a roomy 6 lane highway but keeps narrowing and narrowing until I am driving on the gravel shoulder against a guardrail.

Same here. I’m also a lucid dreamer and, if I recognize that I’m dreaming, will pull one of those car finder key rings out of my pocket to see which one beeps.

I regularly have dreams where I can’t find or do something, though as of yet none of them have been car related. I’ll dream that I am trying to find my keys (or have sex or get to work or whatever) and there are a million obstacles that end up being in the way. I wake up frustrated and angry when those dreams happen. Lately though the worst dream I have with any regularity is that I’ve misplaced the baby without realizing it. I’ll be at someone’s house and they will ask where she is and it dawns on me that I don’t actually know. I didn’t think I would ever find a dream worse than the one where I have to take a final for a class I didn’t know I was supposed to be taking all semester but the lost baby dream is so much worse.

This happens to me too. And like I have dreams where I wake up and my car’s not there and I have to go try to find it

All these kinds of dreams must reflect our real-life anxieties. I’m reminded that, even though it has been many years since I was playing records on the radio (high school) or running the film projectors in a movie theater (first job out of trade school), I still occasionally dream that the record ends and I don’t have anything else cued up or the reel is running out and the other projector hasn’t been threaded up yet.