I covet the HOKY.

There she is. The sleak HOKY 23T natural bristle brush sweeper.

Ever since I’ve moved into my new place, which has all wood floors, I’ve been coveting the HOKY. I have a few rugs that are too big for shakin’. They need the HOKY! No need to plug it in. No usless, quixotic apertures. Nay - the HOKY despises these!

It takes me back to the summer of 95’ when I was waiting tables at a Big Boy in Ohio. sigh The efficiency with which the HOKY picked up odd carrot bits and stray olives from around the salad bar was something to be admired.

But how can I, a poor wench, afford such a luxurious divice? I’m still trying to squeeze a few more drops of blood from my stone check book in order to pay the IRS in April. Ah, me. Perhaps in May the coveted HOKY will be mine.

Sorry. Dont know what happened there. But I’ll try this again - although I have to admit, some of the drama is lost.

The OP should have read:

There she is. The sleak HOKY 23T natural bristle brush sweeper.

http://www.hoky.com/23t.htm

Ever since I’ve moved into my new place, which has all wood floors, I’ve been coveting the HOKY. I have a few rugs that are too big for shakin’. They need the HOKY! No need to plug it in. No usless, quixotic apertures. Nay - the HOKY despises these!

It takes me back to the summer of 95’ when I was waiting tables at a Big Boy in Ohio. sigh The efficiency with which the HOKY picked up odd carrot bits and stray olives from around the salad bar was something to be admired.

But how can I, a poor wench, afford such a luxurious divice? I’m still trying to squeeze a few more drops of blood from my stone check book in order to pay the IRS in April. Ah, me. Perhaps in May the coveted HOKY will be mine.

it’s only $45! do you owe the IRS that much? Maybe we can take up a collection. Pass the hat for racerx and the HOKY… might get more if you promise to come and sweep everyone who contributes floor at least once. :j

Interesting, Eusa. . . a Doper HOKY tour.

Traveling across the globe with my trusty HOKY sweeping carpets, prayer rugs, and grubby children - although, I’d hesitate to HOKY a sticky child because I might lose my HOKY. There is no solvant created by science that can make the sticky child unsticky.

I owe the IRS $200. I’ve assembled about $150 and think I can scrape together the rest by April 16th. It was just such a blow cause I thought for sure I would be getting money back.

racerx, you are forgetting about the super-solvent, Mom Spit! Ya know, when yer mom takes a little piece of tissue and spits on it and starts to wipe your face? yuck :rolleyes: She seemed to believe that this cleaning solution would remove everything from chocolate to permanent marker. Just depends on hard ya rub it! :smiley:

hmm not too bad. but kind of underpowered don’t you think? I’m sure with a little tinkering we can make that HOKY scream.
I’m sure you could rip the motor off of an old Cordless drill. Throw a couple brackets, a little duck tape and a pully system, save ya a lot of work.

Now that I think about it Two cordless motors would work even better. just need some kind of timing chain to keep them turning about the same speed. Now it’s gonna run down the batteries twice as fast, but it should really whiz along.

And a remote control. I’m sure there is an old multi servo remote in a box somewhere, It could be used from 300 feet away.

Well there is that old chainsaw with the broken blade. If it had a gas powered motor…

Har de har, Wolfy.

Seriously, wow. They still look the same. I bought my Hoky twenty years ago and we still use it instead of dragging out the Hoover. 'Course it cost considerably less than $45 back in 1980…

sigh I owe the IRS $300-

I feel your pain.

I was picking up supper yesterday and I decided that lettuce was too expensive to buy.

Ug! I’m lucky that I live alone so that no one else must be subject to my diet of ramen (sp?) noodles, mac and cheese and toast.

Although I occasionally will splurge on a bag of salad, but you can be sure, none of my food ever goes bad nowadays!

Myron, I’m surprised HOKYs aren’t more popular. I think they are the greatest thing since the toaster. And thanks for doing those quality/durability tests I commissioned back in the 80’s.

wolfman, I think you are, uh, missing the. . .uh, nevermind.