I cut my husbands hair today

It doesn’t look too bad:eek: I also trimmed his eyebrows and ear hair. Used an electric razor. My hair on the other hand looks like a stringy disaster . Hats are great!

I hear you. My DIL has cut my sons hair. Just say it’s good he wears a ball cap everyday.

The lil’wrekker is fussing about her hair. It’s fortunate no one will be seeing her anytime soon.

My hair is a hot mess. No hope.

I took a picture of mine, back and front, on March 24. I’m going to do it on the 24th of each month until I can once again see a hair cutter. It should be interesting.

youtube has DIY haircuts

So is he doing yours as return favor?

I cut my hair with a hair trimmer myself the first time in my life last week, 9 mm. I hadn’t been to the hairdresser since October, so my hair was really long, and it took very long because the machine is very old and not very good, and it was its first use ever. Nonetheless, it turned out so well that I’ve decided to get me a better hair trimmer and save all costs for the hairdresser in the future. Guess what? All the trimmers were sold out on amazon :smack:.

I’ve cut my hair for about 10 years. I use scissors and shortish hair but not clipper short. It’s not bad once you get used to doing it. I had become dissatisfied with my stlyst in Tokyo and decided to try myself.

I’m about ready to back into a lawnmower…
~VOW

Hats off :slight_smile: to you home barbers! I’d love to hear from someone who’s not a professional and has successfully trimmed a woman’s layered hairstyle. I know better than to think I could do it without looking like I was on acid; I just want to know there are amateurs who are way better at this than I could ever be.

Sorry, but I don’t get the angst. I’ve been cutting my own hair with an electric clipper for years. It’s not that difficult.

But do you remember the first time? I really was anxious about the cut going totally wrong, and in between it sometimes looked like it went badly. It took me 30 minutes to get a clean cut, granted, from about 10 cm to 9 mm. It was surely a dare for me.

Anderson Cooper showed his self-inflicted clippered bald spot on TV the other night.
Pretty funny. :slight_smile:

Yes, I loved that. He used the wrong setting on the clipper. :smiley:

I really needed a hair/beard cut before quarantine kicked in, so I’m a real mess now. I’m considering using my clippers to shave away everything above my nipples other than my eyebrows and lashes. Then, I’ll let it all grow back. Rinse, repeat.

Has anyone taken this route?

I cut my own hair for the first time ever. It was oddly liberating. It’s a mess, but I can make it look pretty good if I use the hot iron. And I’ve always liked hats.

My daughter shaved her head. She said she has no regrets but she’s surprised at how cold her head gets without hair.

My daughter cut her husband’s hair the other day - it wasn’t great, but it was an improvement. I’ve cut Spousal Unit’s hair in the past - #2 on the clippers - but he’s gone back to a longer style that I’m reluctant to mess with. We’ll see what happens when he starts feeling like a hippie! :smiley:

I’m really shaggy but no one here wants to attempt to neaten it up for me. I wish I had a flowbee… :eek:

I’ve been cutting my own for about 10 years or so. #2 guard on the top and #1 1/2 on the sides. Takes about 3 minutes.

I’m 74 and no body cares what I look like anyway.:rolleyes:

My brother did that years ago. I was in the living room, and could hear him in the bathroom running the clippers, and then, low and serious, “Aw fuck.” I laughed so hard.
My hair has no style, thank heavens. It’s just long and doing its own thing. I had planned to get it trimmed in June, but whatev.

Barbershop Music:

I trimmed my husbands neck hair. I made him stand in the bathtub! I would never attempt an all-over head cut. His head hair still looks good enough. In fact I think it looks better a little longer. He always had them buzz the sides way too short. He still has a full head of hair at age 61. I told him he should relish in it not shave it off!

My hair is shoulder length with lots of layers. I would never go near it with scissors. My last cut was mid-February. So I’m a little past due for a cut. But I’m still able to work with it so I look presentable, although I have nowhere to go anyway. I’ve always colored it myself so that’s not an issue.