I don't use the word "hate" often

That’s just racist, man. I for one will not put up with this anti-monster propaganda, and will be writing a VERY stern letter to my local newspaper about it.

How dare you, sir. I am no anti-osteal. It’s the fact that you continue to smoke against all laws of logic and biophysics. Also, it’s just a filthy habit.

It’s what I get for hanging around impoverished foreign artist types. They’re a bad influence.

No doubt. Do you hang around wheatfields watching crows fly over at dusk, just for kicks?

According to Buddhism, life is suffering. So, given the alternative I’m OK with innocent people suffering.

Weird coincidence: I’m reading Dracula for the first time, and I came across this: (Yes, that’s two colons in the same sentence!)
“That fearful Count was coming to London…If it should be, and he came to London, with its teeming millions…”
I think that was published in 1897. Is that the earliest recorded use of the phrase?

We’re a good lot; it’s just that we needed more information. If you’re new here, think of it that way.

Not according to Google Ngram Viewer, at any rate, which seems to indicate small blips for its occurrence around the 1760s and around 1800 before starting to take off around the 1820s.

Here’s what I hate:

No, I’m communicating via keyboard.

(The author at work.)

Life doesn’t have to be suffering, and for just four easy payments of $49.99, I can show you how!

People have brought up some pretty hateful things in this thread - serial killers, Hitler, Dave Lee Roth. But what about hypocrisy? The worst thing is always the hypocrisy.

Now this is just nonsense. Frankenstein was an egotistical jerk who didn’t think through the consequences of what he was attempting to do. When he did succeed, he ran away like the coward he was because he was too craven to own up to his responsibilities. Frankenstein’s monster, on the other hand, was completely misunderstood. He was abandoned by his creator and was doing the best he could.

But Frankenstein himself - that asshole had it coming.

We all miss Norm, don’t we?

Sure, it’s the worst thing when other people do it. But it’s not so bad when I do it.

BTW good on you all for reclaiming for yourselves the m-word. The so-called “normals” have been using it as an othering slur for too long.

Really, I mean how can’t they possibly see that when it’s us it’s different.

Though I have a bone to pick with those who try to play the hypocrisy card all the time, I really won’t use the term “hate”. More like eyerolling annoyance.

Meanwhile…

Hate ( :stuck_out_tongue:) to be “That Guy” but I believe there are a number of threads about that (and about general cruel a-holes who feel “so what if someone else suffers as long as I got mine”).

Yes, and I hate it when people don’t give attribution for their jokes.

I DO use the word “hate” often…

I hate raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens (I mean, those things are always tickling my face and waking me up).

And don’t get me started on brown paper packages tied up with strings, I mean come on, those knots take forever and then you break a nail and you’ve allllmost got it and no, you just pulled out another loop out and everyone’s impatient and someone butts in and tries to cut it with the tiniest sewing scissors you’ve ever seen and manages to cut both of the fingers you were using…

Innocent? I’ve suffered for my music. And now, it’s your turn.

Well Intentioned Blues